Leonard Fournette

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Oct 14, 2018.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Actually, I think a lot of fans were of the opinion that in general, CLM was "easier" on his running backs who then arrived in the NFL with more milage left in them

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

There was an article about it a few years ago. I thought it was kind of a known thing

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I thought so but wasnt going to rile that sucka up.

fanatic, ParadiseiNC and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You aren't right very often. You should take credit when you are. :D

lsu-i-like, BAY0U BENGAL and LSUTiga like this.
  6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I think LF is gonna end up being a very good pro, but I have to say, I thought that he was the 2nd coming of ADP when he was at LSU and...he's not. Kamara is better and the Saints got him 2 rounds later....

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Kamara is healthier and used very, very differently. He’s not expected and never will be expected to be an every down back. Plus he has Brees. LF has a streaky Bortles who doesn’t scare anyone away from loading the box. I wouldn’t go to better just yet. Both played a huge role in their team’s success last year. Let LF get, and stay healthy and judge it later.

My biggest concern with him is that his injury is the type that’s usually due to conditioning. If that’s the case he’s got to take better care of his body all year, not just for camp. I would love to see him catch and surpass Gurley, who’s the best in the league right now.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LF's injury is a hamstring. Inst that the type of injury that can happen to anybody no matter how well conditioned they are?

9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

The thing is, IMO, LF is good, but he doesn't have the wiggle I envisioned him having. Gurley and Kamara have power and game breaking speed, but they can also make people miss. And they catch the ball. LF, to me, seems to be a one trick pony...Doesn't mean he won't be a great pro and a multiple time Pro Bowler, but it just doesn't seem like he has the skills of those other two guys....I will admit, however, those offenses are LIGHT YEARS better than Blake Bortle ball. LF always seems to get stuck with bad QB play. LF in the Saints offense probably would look completely different. A much faster and better Ingram maybe

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Hes elite and a very special back. Hope his injury isn't recurring but hamstrings are very lingering.

I will say when I saw him in preseason I think it was he looked 20 lbs heavier. Muscle but definitely bigger. Not ideal for a bad hamstring. Maybe led to the injury. Less bulk maybe.

lsu-i-like, Brian and Winston1 like this.