Legalizing Drugs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CajunlostinCali, Oct 30, 2020.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Lets be honest, the well off that do drugs werent doing jail time anyway. Its the poor that were being jailed. Being an addict out on the street with no support system will likely only lead to violence to fund said addiction. Is all the savings in prison being redirected to abuse programs or just funnelled off to pork projects?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No but those are pills likely stolen in drug store burglaries and not smuggled from a foreign counyty

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I didn’t read the link yet, so I might be stating what the article says - I agree with decriminalized small amounts of possession. If you get caught with under 2g of coke or 40 LSD hits etc (the amounts I read are the threshold), I believe it should be a reasonable fine and it gets confiscated. All other drug activities stay illegal. Nothing really changes except the small time user don’t fill up the jails and have a felony on their record. Does that sound reasonable? It’s a hard sell for me to see the government producing and selling crack. bath salts and meth, for example. Even if that makes the drugs safer than from off the streets. Those drugs don’t really make people’s lives better.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you sound very reasonable,.. "It’s a hard sell for me to see the government producing and selling crack. bath salts and meth, for example. Even if that makes the drugs safer than from off the streets. Those drugs don’t really make people’s lives better',.. I agree with that too,.. it's a new law, needs to be very watched very close, probably adjusted

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

our only state sales tax is 20% on recreational marijuana, the new law directs some of that to be used for rehab programs,.. furd, I don't know about your specific question regarding prison savings

6. furduknfish

Nope, deadbeat Drs. There is a Netflix special on one in NOLA that had people lined around the block. Check it out.

7. furduknfish

Feel sorry for the tax collector sent to skim 20 off of Tony Montana.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Dude if I hit the loto I am buying POUNDS. OK? POUNDS!

9. furduknfish

#worldisyouroyster

LSUpride123 likes this.