Legalizing Drugs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CajunlostinCali, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

again, these poor folks that are doing these drugs need treatment, not to be locked in cages like animals

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You realize you sound like your dads generation here? Yunno, the same bunch that took petty shit like this and turned people into nazi criminals for selling a nickel bag. It was back in their day when loading up on booze and script pills was okay, but dropping acid was devil worshipping. Crazy, huh.

If anything, this is one of the biggest injustices of illegal drugs. Prisons are full of people over nickel bags of this, 2 hits of that and a foil pouch of whatever. There's policing, prosecution, prison, minimum mandatory sentences, shitty rehab with MORE drugs in the prisons and that's just the sane part of it. Fuckers doing life over 4 pieces of paper on a federal conviction and we are ALL paying for it.

Damn duck, you smoke weed. Betcha you did when it was illegal and you do now when it is legal. How is that okay but small time chemical romancing ain't? That's all they are talking about here, small time. This ain't a free pass for Tony Montana, but it's damn sure not our tax dollar being thrown at cops, prosecutors, judges, jailers and parol officers over petty drug use.

Junkies are gonna junk man whether it's legal or not.

ehusson80, Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I already agreed with you about that,.. but don't make the drugs that are torturing them legal

change of subject,.. a while back I mentioned my cousins were moving away from NYC to oregon, my sister said because they were scared,.. well, I talked to them about it,. turns out they left for exactly the reason you suggested,.. they couldn't take being cooped up in their small apartment any longer, it was driving them nuts,.. they rented a house south of portland for two months and are back in new york now

4. GiantDuckFan

I already said this

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

ever watch that show "live PD"?

every time they pull some black folks over, like for nothing, they get involved in some kinda drug thing and it goes downhill from there. next thing you know there are guns and arrests and dangerous situations and shit. none of that has to happen. its a dangerous waste of time for everyone involved and it gets cops and non-cops killed

often i read about people shot in cars in parks here in baton rouge, it happens all the time. its drug deals gone bad. dude shows up to buy 400 worth of drugs and gets robbed and killed instead. the interaction of buying drugs is too goddamn dangerous. even if you just wanna buy an ounce of weed for 300 its risky. your dealer could just decide one day he is sick of you and just rob you and maybe you get shot. there is no legal framework and protection. its just lawless and terrible.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

nope, I haven't

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

they canceled it recently behind all the anger around cops.

anyways, it turns lots of people have drug issues. almost none of them need to be arrested. most need therapy or better friends and a better family or job or contentedness or whatever. what they dont need is to be shaken down by the cops and thrown in jail.

dealers as well. let them be. drugs are not evil.

if meth and heroin were legal, they wouldnt start selling off the shelves of your local pharmacy and you go over to visit your pals it they are unconscious on the couch with needles in their arms and their kids naked in the backyard eating dog shit. legalization does not increase use/abuse. but it massively reduces violence.

maybe you live oregon, i dont know. but here in baton rouge there is a murder like every other day. there is beefs and gangs and shit and drug selling and turf where certain folks can sell and shit. and drugs fund gangs and dealers have lots of cash to pay thugs to kill rivals and its a real shitshow. it needs to end.

8. GiantDuckFan

my cousin and I were raised by my grandparents, he's my brother,.. a barrel chested powerful man, and a fall off the stool, pass out in the bathroom of the VFW alcoholic

he started shooting up crystal meth, it became all he thought about, he became a thief to supply his habit,.. in about a year he shrank down to a skinny shakey shadow of himself,.. showed me bumps on his arms, where the needle missed his vein and the drug ballooned up under his skin,..

he came over to my house one time, looking like shit, I fixed him something to eat, he had no appetite, but theoretically knew he must eat,.. I baked little turkey pot pies, he was so impatient to get back to his friends and needle, he insisted I open the oven, and he ate one of them still slightly frozen, then left,..

a few months later he got an infection in his heart from a dirty needle, when the infection sludge moved, it travelled to his brain, he had a stroke and died,.. I don't think all drugs should be legal, some are evil

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

making those drugs legal would make your cousin from a criminal worried about the cops into a person who has an medical issue he needs treatment for. and he would have access to drugs from sources who have clean neeedles

10. GiantDuckFan

so you say, it must be so

I'm going to sleep, be well