Legalizing Drugs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CajunlostinCali, Oct 30, 2020.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Martin has always said, and I agree, to legalize drugs, all drugs. Well here goes Oregon trying to do just that:

https://apnews.com/article/election...tions-oregon-4feaaeb5e60f3a853810ae1853fb22ea

In what would be a first in the U.S., possession of small amounts of heroin, cocaine, LSD and other hard drugs could be decriminalized in Oregon under a ballot measure that voters are deciding on in Tuesday’s election.

Uh, yeah and thanks for taking the progressive lead. Interesting topic.

Jmg, Bengal B and Frogleg like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's the right move. A guy with a gram of coke shouldn't be treated like Pablo Escobar

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

very stupid to decriminalize hard drugs,.. pushers would hand out heroin and meth to high schoolers like candy until they're addicted, and turn them into criminals to support their habit

CocaCola would put the cocaine back in, there would be an arms race of addictive food products

a dumbfuck idea if you ask me

COTiger likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

decriminalization has already been done with great success in other countries, most notably, portugal.

people dont use more drugs when they are legal.

abusers need treatment, not jail. its an enormous human rights disaster that drug addicts are ever put in cages.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

+1

6. GiantDuckFan

they certainly wouldn't use less drugs

this is what was posted,.. "Martin has always said, and I agree, to legalize drugs, all drugs",.. do you agree with that?.. if so.what about the points I brought up

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yes i did say that and he is correct to make that claim. legalizing drugs is maybe the best way to immediately improve the world for all humanity, and it costs nothing. its a human rights catastrophe that anyone is in jail because they lost their shit an are a drug addict.

all of this was already sorted out during alcohol prohibition. consumption went up when it was illegal, and violence went crazy.

if we made alcohol illegal i would make it myself and have a 20 gallon beer fermenter in my closet right now. and guys who were more ambitions than me would have larger operations and then they would be killed by their rivals. thats what prohibibion does. causes crime.

Bengal B and Frogleg like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

I fucked up in my post when I said the word, "decriminalization" I essentially agree that small time users need treatment rather than jail time,.. I was objecting to the cockeyed notion that all drugs should be legal

Martin, you ignored my question regarding these points of mine,..

pushers would hand out heroin and meth to high schoolers like candy until they're addicted, and turn them into criminals to support their habit

CocaCola would put the cocaine back in, there would be an arms race of addictive food products

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

and your theory is they dont do this now purely because its illegal, and that high school kids like you and when we were kids would suddenly want to try out these impossibly dangerous drugs?

if kids want meth they can find it.

people that do not do drugs are not wishing they had more access so they could do more, they simply dont want dangerous drugs. even kids. kids do not want for heroin injections behind the gym.

10. GiantDuckFan

a lot of kids are drug garbage cans, if there friends have some and offer for free, they'll try it,.. you don't believe people get addicted to crack the first couple of times they try it,.. you think crystal meth should be legal?