Legalize Cannabis

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

https://norml.org/act/federal-the-marijuana-opportunity-reinvestment-and-expungement-act

The MORE Act could get a vote in early September...encourage your congressmen with just a few clicks.........

Federal: The Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment, and Expungement Act
    The Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment, and Expungement (MORE) Act (HR 3884 / S. 2227) is bipartisan legislation that removes marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, thus decriminalizing the substance at the federal level and enabling states to set their own policies.

The Act would also make several other important changes. For example, it permits physicians affiliated with the Veterans Administration to make medical marijuana recommendations to qualifying veterans who reside in legal states and it incentivizes states to move ahead with expungement policies that will end the stigma and lost opportunities suffered by those with past, low-level cannabis convictions. If approved, the MORE Act also allows the Small Business Administration to support entrepreneurs and businesses as they seek to gain a foothold in this emerging industry.

Progress so far for The MORE Act in Congress:

- The bill was introduced on July 23rd, 2019
    - Approved in the Judiciary Committee on November, 20th, 2019 with a bipartisan vote of 24-10
    - The Small Business Committee announced a waiver for the bill on January 5th, 2020.
    - A legislative hearing in the Energy and Commerce Committee was held on January 15th.

Enter your information to tell your members of Congress to sign on as a cosponsor of this monumental legislation.

Sponsored by
    [​IMG]

GiantDuckFan and Robidoux87 like this.
  2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

If we really want to reduce the number of unsavory encounters between police and civilians, let's start by making fewer things illegal. Start with drugs and gambling, and go from there.

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article245321785.html

preliminary data, but fascinating nonetheless...

USC researchers think THC in marijuana may be able to treat deadly COVID complication

Top University of South Carolina researchers think the chemical in marijuana that induces a “high” may be effective in treating a potentially lethal coronavirus complication, according to three newly released studies

The studies, co-published by Prakash Nagarkatti, found THC, the most potent mind-altering chemical in cannabis, can — in mice — prevent a harmful immune response that causes Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and cause a significant increase in healthy lung bacteria....

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Running my own test. So far, so good.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

been a random trial member for some time.... same here

GiantDuckFan and furduknfish like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whatever works. I eat garlic a lot and so far I haven't been attacked by any werewolves or vampires

onceanlsufan and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I take quinine and ginger regularly, through a rum and vodka solution respectively. Lime/mint as needed. Results have been positive so far.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

So cannabis actually makes you smarter....i had a feeling ;)

https://newatlas.com/science/cbd-bl...w study, led by,brain such as the hippocampus.

CBD increases blood flow in regions of the brain linked to memory

A new study, led by researchers from University College London, is offering some of the first robust evidence showing how cannabidiol (CBD), a key compound in cannabis, increases cerebral blood flow in memory processing regions of the brain such as the hippocampus.

This new research looked to measure the acute effects of CBD on cerebral blood flow in brain regions associated with memory processing. Baseline blood flow measurements were the key metric studied, based on prior research findings suggesting higher resting hippocampal blood flow can be linked to better memory performance.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

me: “what was I going upstairs for?”