LeBron James the Kaepernick of the NBA

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't watch the NBA at all anymore but will watch it less now, I know it sounds stupid just making a point. Will be fun to watch the attendance drop like the NFL. Way to go LaBron!

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Who the fuck was talking to you? Get the fuck away from my post I don't talk to you anymore you're a bad duck.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's a good one, duck.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not an NBA fan so not aware what laBron did. What did he do?

HalloweenRun and Frogleg like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

@LSUpride123 deserves the credit

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

On HBO's "The Shop" on Friday night, the show hosted by NBA All-Star LeBron James tackled the topic of whether some celebrities felt pressured to become “civil rights leaders” because of President Trump....

James, who moderates the program built around conversations inside a barbershop, chimed in, saying comedians were “getting sh--” simply for “being the essence” of comics. At one point the discussion turned to the "take a knee" protests of police mistreatment of minorities, led by former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

"Kap stood for something that was bigger than him," James said. "How many people can wake up and say 'You know what, I'll give up everything that I've worked for my whole life, for the better of the conversation. I'm gonna lose everything I've got personally to better the conversation.' And that's why we can sit here and salute Kap. And I hope that whatever the amount of money that he got [in his recent settlement with the NFL] sets him up for him, his kids, his grandkids, and his grandkids' kids' kids' kids' kids. I hope, I hope it's that much money. I really do because the beautiful sport was taken from him."

I'm still waiting for any one of them to address the subject of domestic violence in pro sports. Every now and then it gets mentioned but it has never gotten the attention that pig-hater kap has gotten. Priorities are all fucked up.

LSUTiga and Frogleg like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

poor kap, mediocre NFL QB at best,.. "I'm gonna lose everything I've got personally",.. lost everything, except for his $12 million dollar home and $200k car, and the multi-million dollar deal he just signed with NIKE .. poor guy, sniffle

kap glories in the spotlight,.. he'a QB

Frogleg likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

His Nike shirt sold out, Nike is doing quite well and the one store that boycotted his shit has now gone out of business. Funny world.

He's now a rich police-hating prick whose opinion seems to matter to too many people.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Love people who respond to a post not directed at anyone in particular then tell you to shut the fuck up.

Great dialog