Least Favorite Food

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by HatcherTiger, Aug 1, 2008.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Not exactly "parts is parts" but appears that a pig's shoulder is the main ingredient:

http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~mrosenbl/spamfacts.html

I have eaten potted meat and vienna sausages many times on fishing and trawling trips. Basically was young and had no clue what I was eating. Don't care for either in the present. Here is the reason viennas have such a European sounding name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_sausage

I'd be much more concerned about eating potted meat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potted_meat_food_product

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's not gourmet fare, but SPAM is good hunting camp food when you don't any fresh bacon or meat. Beats the living hell out of vienna sausage and other canned meats.

A can of Blue Runner red beans with some cubed fried SPAM in it is better than plain beans on rice.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Took the youngin to Chuck E Cheese last night against my own outraged protest. They have a menu of frozen crap professionally prepared by 13 year olds. Even the salad bar reeked of the same standard. Best thing in the joint was Busch Beer. Big fuzzy rat runnin round. Insane. I bring in my own crap and challenge them to call me on it. That place is just wrong.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

OMG, I HATE Chuck E. Cheese! Unfortunately, my three-year-old loved having her 3rd birthday party there and insists on having her 4th there, as well. I don't eat while I'm there, and I would NEVER consider taking the girls there if not for a party. That's just cruel and unusual punishment for parents.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

One day when my child is older (like 20) I hope to hear it ask... what is chuck e cheese?

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Ever had lima beans with ham over rice?

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I dated a woman with a 4-year-old once and I now understand why parents go to Chuck E Cheese. It ain't for the gourmet food, it's because it is the only restaurant you can take a 4-year-old and get to quietly enjoy your pizza and beer while the kid buries himself in the plastic ball pit.

8. StaceyO

How old is your child? We avoided being invited to a Chuck E. Cheese party all the way until our older daughter was 18 months old...

For some reason, neither of my kids are afraid of that big-azz mouse. I would've had none of that when I was a youngin.

9. StaceyO

I think you should take QUIETLY out of your post.

When I was in Galveston last week, my friend and I toured one of the mansions on Broadway. There was a little closet-like room under the back staircase in the house. It was the "child's dining room because in the late 1800's/early 1900's, children were not allowed to eat with adults until they were 8."

Before I could stop myself, I uttered, "What a GREAT idea!" Yes, it garnered some laughs, but those folks hadn't been to restaurants all over Galveston with five kids, ages 8, 7, 5, 3, and 2, for the past two days!

1 person likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe I'll change my mind when I've had to deal with the kid for a while.

My wife's about halfway through our first pregnancy. 18 mos... OI!!!!!

:hihi: