LB to RB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SaintSlidell, Jan 16, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-football-clyde-edwards-helaire-derrius-guice

‘Built like a tree stump’
    The knock on Edwards-Helaire in recruiting was his height. Some murmured that the Tigers offered him only because he was local and they whiffed on higher-rated recruits at the position. But Guice knows the 5-foot-8 back uses his size to his advantage.

“All the defensive players are over 6-foot, and he’s over here like 5-5 and built like a tree stump,” Guice said. “He’s thick. He’s shifty. He always blends in with the offensive line. And he always keeps his legs turning. It’s just hard to stop a guy like that.”

Guice sees a lot of himself in Edwards-Helaire.

“We complement each other really well,” Guice said. “We kind of run the same. We’ve been behind each other all the way from little league football to high school to now.

“Clyde will show y’all that he belongs here. Now it’s my job to make sure he’s prepared. He was behind me at Catholic. I got here first, and he’s following along in the shadow right behind me. When I first got here, I was impressing everybody. Now he’s going out on the same limb.”

Brian and Winston1 like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Who gives a shit about his height. The lower cog the better. Plus he can hide behind the linemen.

Richdog likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't, but I dunno, people thinking we are going to have a huge drop-off. I dont think it will be that big of a deal at the RB spot.

I have witnessed a few LSU teams not be able to block for LF7. SO like, its up to the Oline and I think it will be pretty good this year.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Brossette will show something in the spring...

Edit: If he can get past CEO's massive ego.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Agree, our RBs haven’t been the limiting factor. Hell, might get better production with a strong OL AND passing game worth a shit.

One thing is for sure; teams will stack the box until E makes em pay over and over and over again. Until then, against better teams running game will struggle.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I mean, LF7 had terrible stats vs Bama, yet is doing pretty fucking good in the NFL. LOL.

Richdog, Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He's not running into the line out of an I with 2 TE's on every play anymore.

Richdog and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

People used to knock Dalton Hilliard for his height when he was with the Saints. One of the linemen said,"We open holes that are wide, not high."

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ah, the good old days when the Saints actually drafted LSU players.

Richdog, Brian and didit like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well I see Madam Rue got it all figured out. What else can you tell us about the future?

1f59ce2e2a3eb6e850240872023bd40b.jpg