LB to RB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SaintSlidell, Jan 16, 2018.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The only thing 4.6 on Hester was his running height.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

True, but as a rule I would try to stay away from the slow guys unless they project a special blue collar work ethic with the heart and determination of Hester and Williams. At least at the tailback slot. Williams was mostly used as a blocker and a short yardage guy in the early part of his career. He grew and improved and was a key player when injuries kept Guice out of the lineup.

3. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

You run better than a 4.6? Been a little spoiled lately. Sounds like the talent in 2019 may give you what you want. Until then hope the boys hit the holes and keep getting first downs. What we had the last couple of years does not come around very often. Still winning seasons.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I never ran a timed 40 yard dash. That wasn't a measurement that was used when I was in high school. But I'm sure I could have. The state champion in the 100 was on our football team. I never beat him on the track but I made it close. After football practice sometimes the coach would pair off everybody and we had to race from the football field to the locker room. Winner got to go in and shower and the loser had to go back and race somebody else. The coach would always pair me with him. He was faster than me in track clothes but he never once beat me to the locker room while we were wearing football uniforms, He hated me for it.

stevescookin and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Saquon Barkley was listed as 4.66 in the 40 coming out of high school in Pennsylvania. He was hand timed at 4.3 by Penn State coaches this past year in practice. You can teach better speed technique and develop a guy's body into generating more power.

There is a reason these kids pay large sums to 40 coaches to prepare for the combine because it influences draft position and thus their money.

The key is see his speed in the game in pads. Does he play fast? Alvin Kamara is a great example.

At the NFL Combine Kamara's electronic 40 time was 4.56, anyone question his game speed?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Y’all remember Kenneth Mixon? DE for the Tigers late 90’s? He won state in Hurdles his senior year in High School.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well Taint had to shit on something yesterday so he picked a 40 time because O passed on the RB that went to AU to not play RB.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Toeing

Brian and Bengal B like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you correcting the word usage of somebody who says he has a degree in journalism?

lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.