LB Jarvis Jones

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 17, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Jarvis Jones

Word is Florida will only take 2 more. That means one would be available to LSU. But if Jones already has decided it's USC/Florida and chooses USC, Florida could go after Telfort and get him and Bostic too of course and LSU would be shut out.

2. islstl

LSU is not out of the race. This boils down to LSU and Florida.

I believe he wants to go out of state and LSU will get his comittment.

Florida is using Meyer-like tactics to pull him in. I think you know what I mean. What a POS.

3. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Yup. He was considered a LSU lean until CUM got into his ear, using our Co-DC stuff against us.

I honestly don't see us getting him. Hes actually been a Florida lean for the longest time, Georgia was never really in it. I remember reading he was a Florida lean months ago and the recent article put up just solidifies it. He basically should of just given his commitment to Florida, at least the way it was worded in the article...

If we don't get either Jones, Bostic, Telfort, we're going to have to make LB a priority in next class, above anything else. LSU better do what they can to fill the hole NOW because our LBs are a HUGE weakness on our d at the moment.

4. islstl

Look for Jones to sign with LSU. Just a hunch.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

It would be the right move for him to come here.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

JJ texted MS regarding the reports that he had eliminated LSU, "That is a lie, I don't know who did that article".

Im looking at JJ and Telfort to sign and compete immediately at a position that is weak on the Tiger defense with Mingo signing and red shirting.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I hope you are right! Does Lamin Barrow's signing affect this, regarding the number of schollies available, and/or those players desire to make a decision sooner rather than later? It may be one of the indirect reasons they went ahead and signed Barrow now, to let those players know that there are only a few slots left and you better make a decision (plus, not to mention he is a quality player at a position of need), and this also may tie in with the negative recruiting thing - a way to combat that.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Barrow basically is taking Ferrell's spot and we will take another besides Mingo. Yes, even though Ferrell says he is still a commit to LSU I do not see him being apart of this class.

9. islstl

That was my exact sentiment I posted in the Barrow thread. This effectively ends the recruitment or any possible further recruitment or interest in Mr. Farrell.

I don't think we take 2 more LBs even though we would get a commitment from both Telfort and Jones.

But what if Telfort jumps on board first? How in the hell do you reject Jones?

So from that perspective, I think we would take both.

Something tells me the coaching staff feels that either Jones or Telfort is a lost cause at this point (with Jones being the more likely candidate, I sure as hell hope not).

10. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I really hope the accepting of Barrow doesnt mean the coaches dont feel confident about Jones. Id really love to get Jones or Bostic. Im not all that high on Telfort, I think he is going to be too small for LB. He will have to put on a good bit more weight and keep his speed.