Latest on Reggie Bush Scandal: Sounds like he's going down.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, May 10, 2007.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I don't know what type of relationship Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush had/have. But I would think that if I were a coach, I would stay in pretty close contact with my superstar that's carrying my team. Not spying or anything like that, just regular conversations to see how things are going with him, make sure his "home life" is going well, family is ok, etc. etc. etc. Nothing drastic, just a few phone calls, a couple of conversations around campus or practice field, maybe even stop by once in a while to say hello. I just find it difficult to beleive that PC didn't know Reggie's family was living in such an expensive home. Maybe he did know, and was too ignorant to realize that it was way above the means of the guy he recruited. Maybe because PC has money, and has for sometime now, he just thinks everyone can afford the things he can. I don't know. But it just seems like someone had been to Reggie's parents house at least once in 3 years. Even if it was as simple as inviting someone over for Thanksgiving dinner.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'll check the dates for sure but Reggie's parents did not live in that house for those three years that he played. I think they'd only lived in it for a year or less by the time they left. The house is in San Diego county, a solid 2-2.5 hour drive from campus and Reggie never lived in it and according to him never saw it.

The Griffins were a double income family and were "leasing" the house, not paying a mortgage. What they were doing was not that unusual compared to MANY people in the area. With current home prices and loan rates being what they are/have been, it's almost impossible for median income people to own a home in a price range even close to the value of the home the Griffins were in. Renting or leasing is the most common option and folks tend to stretch their money more in that situation than if a bank had controlled the funds.

I think it's safe to say that the Griffins haven't been sharing a turkey with any SC folks lately.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Ahh, I heard PC had Thanksgiving dinner there after he helped them move in. :hihi:

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

He and his parents must not be very close then. For 10 years or so, my sister lived 18 hours away, and she saw our parents house at least a couple of times every year, and we saw her house at least once a year during that time.

The Thanksgiving thing was just an example, noy meant to be taken literally.

My High School coach knew where I lived, as well as everyone else on the team. To say no one knew seems like a stretch. Not saying it's impossible, but unlikely IMO.

5. LSUTiga

Now that's funny! Most of all cause it sounds like something I'd say.....but we're talking California here not a lil rural community like Ville Platte.

Secondly, your coach knew cause he had to bring you home after he bailed you azz out of jail. :hihi:

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

That only happened once, and it was only a curfew violation. But if I had called my dad, he would have told them to lock me up for a night. So I called coach.:thumb:

7. LSUTiga

Jeez! I was just joking, had no idea.........I got hauled in a couple of times for brawling but I knew to NEVER call my father- I would have stayed all night first. :hihi:

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I was wondering how you knew about that.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I knew the Turkey day thing was an example, I was just teasing back. :hihi:

I can't speak to how close Reggie is to his mom and stepdad. He is NOT close to his biological dad (Lamar was at the Heisman ceremony, not Reggie's bio dad) even though he lives closer to Reggie than the Griffins did.

My high school coaches didn't know chit about my life or they would have known that for the last two years when we were competing for CIF titles in volleyball, I had NO relationship with my dad. He lived not more than 10 miles from me and for 5 years I didn't lay eyes on him or his house or his wife. At least 2 or 3 times during the year, we had our power shut off because my mom couldn't pay the bill and I lived in what many would consider a pretty affluent neighborhood.......matter of fact, it's where PC lives nowadays.

The point is, family relationships are fluid and appearances can be deceiving.

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I'm with you. Who the hell cares anymore? Nothing that comes out of this will affect his professional status, nor his reputation for that matter. Honestly, I think SI should give up on this story and concentrate on what's going on with programs today.

LSU should be immune from any investigation of that sort, of course. :grin: