Latest on McKnight

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

He'll probably only be driving his head into a wall once USC gets banned from television and bowl games.

We'll have our day to say, "I told ya so"......stay tuned......

2. wbbigtymer

wbbigtymer Freshman

I can't help but feel like Curtis is failing our state. We need leaders who show commitment and sacrifice, which means keeping our best and brightest (ok, maybe this doesn't apply to some football players) in our state. Anytime you have brain drain, or "talent drain" or any other kind of net loss of valuable people, you need to ask why. Today, Curtis is my #1 culprit for the loss of one more promising individual that should have stayed here, but didn't.

3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

what are the realistic chances this happens

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Come on. This happens in all states. What about the schools in Mobile area and bama? What about the schools in Florida, lakeland HS, that send all their kids to arbarn. Just forget about it.

5. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

This came down to Los Angeles vs. Baton Rouge ...it's real hard to convince megastars to NOT be in a city built by megastars.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Grow up dude. There is no rule that says you HAVE to play in-state. If that were the case, then we wouldn't have as much success as we've had in past years: Matt Mauck, Rohan Davey, JaMarcus Russell, Dwayne Bowe, etc.

Why does nobody ever think about the players here? It's their friggin decision, not yours.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

What a joke. The kid made the best choice he could. They don't play defense in that conference, so that's the best path to #1 he could have taken.

1 person likes this.
  8. atuck23

atuck23 Founding Member

You're right, these kids do make their own choices. However, their high school coaches play a huge role in where they decide to go. These coaches work with these schools year in and year out. These kids coming up in a high school program look to their coach for guidance and support when selecting a school. Although it is the kids choice, I still think the coach plays a role in the decision.

With that said, if you check out the Curtis Athletics Alumni page, they have sent several players to LSU. One of which is Chris Jackson. I don't think Curtis is persuading kids against LSU.

9. wbbigtymer

wbbigtymer Freshman

So you think McKnight made the choice that will prove to be the best for his career and future? I think he was advised that USC offered him the best possible future.

My problem with that is that it's terrible advice. You can't blame the kid. From what he sees, USC has produced so many successful running backs that you can't go wrong there. And he'll have a great future, I'm sure. He will excel at USC. But to say that this will be the BEST possible future for him, I think you'd have to ignore several things that a veteran coach should clearly know. He knows that there is more uncertainty about USC than there is about LSU, and he knows McKnight would have fit perfectly into a program like LSU, considering the type of tailback he is and the other running backs he'd be sharing playing time with.

This isn't unexpected, nor is it unprecedented, but at some point you have to wonder where the state is headed with regard to our best individuals leaving or staying. Football players are pretty far down the list of individuals who can save the state of Louisiana, but we need all the help we can get right now. If you don't think Louisiana needs to think about our future, then wake up. If you don't think this is symptomatic of the "brain drain" and general efflux of affluence and talent, then you're probably a demonstration of my point.

10. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Right now we have 12 players that have signed LOI's that are from outside the state of La., we lost the best player from La. but we have a great class coming in. JM made the choice he thought was right, good luck to him. We need to celebrate the ones that are choosing to be Tigers today.

1 person likes this.