Last time we looked outclassed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

LSU did cross the 50, but not once in the first half. We finished with only 5 total first downs and less than 100 yards of offense total.

The fact we crossed the 50 seems hardly a point to contend given that offensive atrocity.. so I don't.

2. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

No kidding. Today was not a good for me to wear my Tiger gear but I did anyway. Fuck 'em.

kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Give it some time bud. Miles inherited a much more talented football team in 2005. Coach O will get this team on the right track. Just need to be patient.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Very good...that's the 2nd to last drive I was talking about, but I didn't go all the way to the play-by-play; just looked at the drive chart. I wish it mattered.

5. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Miles Inherited Matt Flynn, Brandon Lafell, Jesse Daniels, Laron Landry, Jamarcus Russel... I could go on and on... He also inherited a system that was instilled in the program. Jimbo Fisher who is now coaching at Florida State was our offensive coordinator. Coach O has a transfer QB from Purdue who was benched and a bunch of freshman. Just look at Tom Herman who got his ass handed to him by Maryland at home. Its going to take time...

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree. But don't leave off the vast improvements that a Tom Herman coached team made from week 1 to week 3 either. That's coaching right there if I've ever seen it. Week 1 LSU would have beaten Texas, I cant say the same for week 3 against the UT freshman QB.

TigerTap, BayouBengal014 and StaceyO like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Les Miles should get a standing ovation for crossing, the 50 once*.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's funny you bring this up. Seriously. It's much like a lot of the other stuff you throw out here. In the end, you're right.

Get that? I'm saying... me ... in the end, you're right.

But. There's this thing...like the example you just brought up and how you framed it.

LSU, on any of its drives, didn't finish past the 50 yard line. What was it? Penalty, penalty, incomplete, sack? And what was that...4th and 20 or something? I'm seriously guessing here... eight minutes left in the game?

While the narrative has been changed, the fact remained.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I was there. pitiful

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That game was so strange on offense in the 1st half. We'd get 8 or 9 yards on 1st/2nd down and lose 5/6/7/8 yards on 3rd. Time after time...