Last time LSU was 1-2 was 1994

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 10, 2020.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Thanks for the insight and honest feedback. I know you’re not here to talk shit.

The Pelini I remember 15 years ago I feel like had a great relationship with his players and they played hard for him. I’m not seeing that today.

I feel like in game 1 against Mississippi State our D-Line played inspired (at least to start the game) but gave up as our secondary was getting destroyed.
    Yesterday they just flat out didn’t show up (not one single player on defense). We forced ONE PUNT!!!

I don’t think the front 7 and secondary believe in each other right now and there is no unity on that side of the ball. I feel like this is possibly something that’s happening at practice, in the film room and is carrying over into the game.

They’re not bought in. That’s his job. Maybe the position coaches are at odds, our Safety Coach was Dave Aranda’s guy, he may not mesh with Pelini. I don’t know. But this shit isn’t working. And Coach O has a tough decision to make or he is going to become the tough decision. 3-7 at LSU is not ok! Rebuild or not. We’re losing to 1st year coaches who installed 1st year schemes, Pelini gets no excuse there.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Truth hurts

3. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

While the sentiment is appreciated, I don't think there's anyone here who wasn't here in the ~Saban to early Les Miles era. That's partially why I'm so willing to fire him after just 3 games. What we're seeing is a classic Bo Pelini defense, and turns out that's good for worst in the SEC when you don't have a heisman caliber DT. I'm also not convinced that it would work even if we did have a world beating 4-3 d-line like we used to. The game has a lot more finesse now, and his schemes are particularly bad against air raid concepts like picks and what not.

huskerx likes this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

We plucked a guy from Youngstown St.

Nuff said right?

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yes, but what to do?

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

So did ohio st... Just saying

mctiger likes this.
  7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Get rid of Pelini, although I do not see it happening during the season.

Perple likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm not so sure about that.

There's NOTHING worse than someone who roots for their team to fail just so they can say they were right. I'll also point out that you were a no show for months after the NC game, but the second things start going sideways, you're the first one to start chest thumping about how 'I told you so'. Pathetic.

Bengal B, shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I am unsure who you are referencing but if that is the case I see what you're saying.

I guess my point was that it's possible Pelini had been in decline pretty much after leaving LSU. To the point where he ended up coaching a Youngstown. Seeing where he ended up after leaving, I am not sure I would have brought him back.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Think sweater vest and a national championship. When we hired pelini, I and almost everyone else thought sure fire winner. I'm still not 100% sure it cant work, but I'm getting closer to the edge.

lsu-i-like and tzanghi like this.