Last time LSU was 1-2 was 1994

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 10, 2020.

1. msully

msully Founding Member

Lane left Tennessee after only one year. They are still trying to get respectful

2. TheWant

TheWant Veteran Member

I wasn't trying to be offensive. generally speaking a 'good neighbor' doesn't create a new account & drop by to tell us who we should fire or who we shouldn't trust as a coach. especially one that helped us win a national championship many years ago. look at from an LSU fan's point of view. your posting of 'facts' are just your opinions. I have no idea when or if pelini gets fired here. I know many LSU fans are not happy with him this year, myself included.

TigerTap, unclenick and Perple like this.
  3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

The postgame look of Orgeron was total defeat. That said, I did appreciate the fact that he didn’t appear to sugarcoat it. So, maybe he will send Pelini packing to save his own face. He better do something.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

Tried of this just one little non important question . How many yards passing will the over rated gators get and how many td's passing . Should we talk about total yards this soon ?? GEAUX Tigers ?
    !!!

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

He owned it, but it felt like it was coach speak. “We have to get better and it starts with me”

I don’t have any confidence he’s going to turn things around. There is something larger at play here.

Perple and TheWant like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

Trask throws for at least 500 and 5 TD’s. This game will be over mid 2nd quarter.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The morning after. You've been very reasonable in the aftermath. I'd rather we had beat Mizzou by 30 and have you in here bitching about some imagined Eaux foul up than what we have today.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

No sympathy; he made hiring assistants a major part of his job, and it kinda looks like he sucks at it. I can’t believe how quickly he burned through the good will of a NC.

If he was saying all summer this D is going to be a work in progress (rather than improved from last year), that would have helped. He has a dude on staff for optics, ffs.

No fucking sympathy; get your head out of your ass and coach football, or go.

This Pelini bullshit makes Canada look like a good hire. And as you said, the postgame gave zero confidence any improvements are coming.

I feel bad for Brennan, he’s made a ton of improvement and waited his turn for this crap. All the opt outs are also bitches who sold their team out. Feel almost as annoyed with early declarees, but all that falls on O too.

I’d be thrilled (but still pissed that it came to this) if O fires Pelini today. If not, if shit doesn’t do an about face, every fuckin one of our coaches needs to be on the hot seat. Fire as many as possible.

9. LSU_4_LIFE

Amen. The way we’ve recruited the last 2 decades, the culture of LSU football that was in place long before O got here, how well we’ve improved since O got here and to drop off like this........ this is absolutely inexcusable and something needs to happen.

This season is already fucked but mailing it in without showing drastic improvements will only generate more damage.

Have to believe all the recruits who were 50/50 are no longer 50/50.

I’m usually pretty wound down with a cooler head the morning after, but not today. I’m absolutely terrified something larger is going on and this program is in serious trouble. I’m not sure I even want to watch this team any more and that breaks my damn heart.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Hou-duco and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. huskerx

huskerx Freshman

I wasn't trying to be offensive either, and I think I should have included more so I didn't come off as personally attacking him. Before I even bothered typing my post, I read almost every page of the live game thread here to decide if I should even bother. Ya'll are just like Ohio State fans who call it like they see it and don't make excuses, so I went ahead. That's a compliment, by the way.

Bo is a good man with a wonderful wife and family and they made good friends here. He wears his heart on his sleeve no matter how pissed off he appears. He loves his players and the players love him back. No one that I know of has any hatred for him whatsoever.

But at the end of the day, he's paid millions of dollars to ultimately do one thing: Make good decisions. And that's the one thing he has trouble doing, as far as football is concerned. These aren't just my opinions. If they were he'd still be here and we'd be in the Big10 Championship with regularity.

Ironically (or coincidentally?), LSU_4_LIFE's comment about Orgeron's "falling on that sword" is exactly what Bo did with us. He was given the chance to save his job if he replaced both of our inept coordinators that were killing us, but he wouldn't do it, and then they got fired with him anyway. Karma, it would seem, has a terrible sense of humor.

lsu-i-like likes this.