Last time LSU was 1-2 was 1994

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 10, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Is that what you do with your buddies?

unclenick and TheWant like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Padded

Bengal B likes this.
  3. huskerx

huskerx Freshman

Greetings. As a born-and-bred Husker and college football fan I feel it's my obligation to warn you about Pelini.

Here are the main highlights of what you need to know:

1] His behavior is, in the end, toxic. When things are clicking, his fiery ways work well. When things go bad they don't. His stubbornness causes him to make bad decisions about who to play and who to keep on his staff. This is actually what got him fired.

2] He cannot make in-game adjustments. Halftime, between quarters, it doesn't matter. He crumbles when the going gets tough. Go to youtube and watch the video titled "Wisconsin vs #12 Nebraska - 2012 Big Ten Championship Highlights" for an embarrassing example and keep in mind that we had already beaten Wiscy earlier in the year.

3] He doesn't learn from his mistakes or his successes. When certain plays would work he'd NEVER repeat them. Plays that didn't work would be allowed to be used over and over and we'd end up in 3rd and long situations ALL THE TIME. Some of us started to wonder, was he paying attention? Did he care? Does he actually watch game film? Is he intentionally trying to throw the game? Not joking.

4] Just because he won at least 9 games a season here doesn't mean he was a good coach or knew what he was doing. The win-loss record doesn't tell the story. The reason we won as many games as we did rests solely on the raw talent of our players [which was better than what we have now]. There was bad coaching going on on both sides of the ball, but our players were able to rise above it and pull out some wins. And when I say pull out, I mean right out of a hat. Between our 2012 & 2013 seasons [his 5th & 6th here], 9 out of our 19 wins were within 6 points. We should have been undefeated those years, even against Ohio State in 2012. We were simply outcoached at every turn. His reputation as a "winning coach" here rides on the coattails of our great players, pure and simple. [See: Rex Burkhead]

I know about his previous record at LSU, but did he recruit and develop those guys? What I remember from watching LSU in 2007 was that your defensive front 4 were brutal grizzly bears and putting pressure on opposing QB's wasn't a problem. He didn't have that luxury here.

I like LSU and I've heard great things about you, the fans. Please don't fall into the Pelini trap. Don't let him divide your fan base like he did to ours. That's his true legacy here.

Godspeed and good luck.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. TheWant

TheWant Veteran Member

you came to warn us about pelini? has Nebraska had anything close to a 9 win season since the corn children fired him? (no) have you even had a winning season since pelini? (no) nobody happy here with pelini right now. but teams like LSU can deal with it.

no offense, but your concern or hatred of pelini doesn't seem legit, sorry.

his legacy at Nebraska is 7 winning seasons & 6 ranked teams according to your school football page & wikipedia.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. TheWant

TheWant Veteran Member

Tap that isn't your wife, but wholly crap she looks just like her. Perple is right, she's got a doppleganger. first thought: so Tap's wife is in a gif?

TigerTap likes this.
  6. huskerx

huskerx Freshman

Your statements pointing out our program's continued failures are irrelevant and don't invalidate anything in my post, as is your statement about my concerns being.. "legit". And I don't hate Pelini at all. I'm just stating facts.

I was trying to be a good neighbor, but take it as you will.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I don’t care about the loss of talent, I don’t care about Covid, I don’t care about inexperience, I don’t care it’s only been 3 games, somebody needs to lose their damn job over this. It’s life. If Orgeron wants to keep falling on that sword, so be it. But Woodward better be in O’s office right fucking now to find out who’s packing their shit today.

lsu-i-like and TheWant like this.
  8. msully

msully Founding Member

Who is the head COACH ???

9. msully

msully Founding Member

How many years have they been playing FOOTBALL?

10. msully

msully Founding Member

Simple (The Players )