Larry Munson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Napoleon02, Nov 21, 2011.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

living here in the state of georgia, and given the historical nature of the rivalry between Auburn and Georgia, I am frequently exposed to the best and worst behaviors that a rivalry tends to bring out among the most passionate fans.

Larry Munson was one of those that falls into the category of best things about UGA. He was a gentleman and a treasure to the game of CFB. He was a living legend and will be missed.

RIP Larry Munson

P.S. - to geneinga: Truth be told, even as an AU fan I would turn down the sound to the TV , and listen to Munson's call of the game on radio just as you described it. You never knew what was going to come out of Larry's mouth and he made the game fun. My favorite Munson expression was when he would transition to the sideline reporter by gruffly saying," Lauren, whattayagot?"

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Gene,

Good to see you again. I'm hoping Les pulls a surprise in the BCSCG and let's your friend's son play a few series...I really think it would be an effective mix.

3. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

Or the SECCG. We'll probably have to wait until next year for that qb matchup, though.

4. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

:hihi: