Lane Kiffin new USC head coach

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

What option do they have but find the positive spin in all of this. On paper, they get the staff that won them their mythical multiple championships, minus Carroll.

They'll learn the hard way when Neuheisel starts looking like the clean guy in Los Angeles.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

have to be. or stupid if they are buying all the hype.:rolleye33:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I was reading there too. Can't help but compare them to Tennessee fans. This time last year they were acting all excited too. All the while defending him.

4. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Well, Chow's not official yet, and there's a rumor that Monty is being interviewed for the USF job. Rumor is probably invalid, but God help me if it's true. I'd love to see them keep a straight face over Kiffen if his daddy isn't part of the package.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

At this pace, this thread might get bigger than the Reuben Randle thread!!!

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm happy to say that uscvball is one of the few voices of reason over there. She's not too thrilled.

7. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

1 person likes this.
  8. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Don't know if anyone has posted this, as this thread would take 3 dumps to read, but man him and Orgeron are scum. I've gotta think that Monte has to be embarrassed, although for him to go along with it, says something about him too...from ESPN

Consider this scene: While Lane Kiffin attempted to tell the Tennessee players that he was no longer going to be their coach in a meeting that nearly got out of hand, Kiffin's recruiting coordinator, Ed Orgeron, was calling some of those same players -- mid-term freshmen who'd yet to enroll -- and trying to convince them not to enroll and instead follow Kiffin and Orgeron to Southern California.

Rising sophomore defensive lineman Marlon Walls said he overheard Orgeron making his USC pitch to some of the incoming Tennessee freshmen while many of them still weren't completely sure what was going on.

Afterward, Orgeron's Tennessee-issued cell phone was turned off.

"We told them [the freshmen] in the meeting that it's their option," Walls told Volquest.com. "If they want to go, go. But we're a family here. You don't sign with no school for no coach. And just like they left us, they'll leave you all too. ... And we heard Coach O in the background calling enrollees and telling them that they got an offer to USC. He couldn't even address us. He couldn't even call us first.
    "Freshmen put [Orgeron] on speakerphone. I called him five times, and he wouldn't pick up. But he's calling them. They put him on speakerphone and said all of them got offers to USC."
    Walls called Kiffin a "fake guy" and added: "We bought into his system and we bought into what he was telling us to do, and for him to leave us like that, it just shows you what kind of man he is, shows you his character. We're still going to be Tennessee."

9. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Man! That is pretty much the definition of sleeze. So I guess in the next year or so his next move is going to be to Washington DC? He would certainly help Congress keep their sleeze factor up.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The laughing has ended. Thanks for the memories, Vol fans. The YouTube and Twitter coverage of the riots was quite entertaining.