Landry makes 2nd team all-american!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LES4PREZ, Dec 7, 2005.

1. LES4PREZ

LES4PREZ Founding Member

What is up with this. LaRon is one of the best players in the nation. I am speechless does anyone else see a problem with him not being on the 1st team?:tigerhead

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, a 1st team all american wouldnt get smoked on a pump fake he had seen a thousand times and then commit three penalties in a row.

Dont even think he is 2nd team all sec.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

no

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

LaRon could be one of the best players in the nation. He has lost discipline and focus. Not sure what has changed, other than scheme and coaching style. But he looked better as a freshman than he did this season. Let's hope he recommits himself, reasserts himself as a leader, and regains the focus and discipline that made him all SEC his FR and SO campaigns. LaRon has all the ability in the world, and if properly directed, he will be playing on Sundays for a lot of green. Geaux LaRon. Get it back, baby!

5. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Did anyone else notice him running his mouth a lot in SEC Champ game? After making tackles. I really picked up on it close to the end of the game.

Maybe "a lot" is stretching the truth but I noticed. Maybe he always does that though.

6. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

I was glad he even made second team. LaRon did not have a particularly good seaseon, and the fact that he was named 2nd team All-American was more a reflection of his first 2 seasons at LSU. However, if he stays for his senior season, I think he will have a monster season next year.

7. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Second team is not so bad.

I agree that if he stays he will be a force to be reckoned with all season. His experience will be a great asset.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2nd Team All-American ain't bad at all for a junior. In fact it is damn good. If Landry sticks around for his senior year, he will likely be a preseason All-American next year.

Or he may be playing for Nick.

9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

It just means the voters think he is the second best free safety in college football. So if being better than 115 out of 117 free safety in the NCAA is a bad thing, i guess I would be disappointed.

10. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

No, he dropped like 12 interceptions.