Lafayette plane crash

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Dec 28, 2019.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Moral equivalence is such a great philosophy when you aren't on the receiving end.

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Man, I can't believe you never had a inflight emergency even in an A-10, that's remarkable. Hell, I was a Tweet instructor for 4 years and had a total electrical failure, an engine come apart and at least three radio failures in the T-37. Flew multi-engine aircraft after that and had to shut down an engine at least 4 times (that I can remember).

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If you could have seen the terrain the pilots were worried about your perspective would instantly change. In addition there are serious reasons Arabs and Asians look for pilots trained in the USA.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I never said I didn’t have an EP. I have had a bunch, what I meant was there was never anything wrong with the A-10 that had my name on it when I walked out to fly it. In fact, the APU was running and INS programmed when I got there. The other 40 or so on the ramp at BAD when I got there, not so much. I have 2000 hours as a T38 IP too, had several scary days with that. My B52H days were nothing but 1 emergency after another and that was when it was “new” in 80-82. I cant imagine what my daughters stories are as she has been B52H IP/EP for almost 20 years now in the USAFR. For the last few years many of the airliners have been brand new and still broke, hot, filthy etc etc mostly due to bad ground support.

5. 65Grad

That's really cool that your daughter flew "Buffs" too. I understand that there are now three generations of aircrews who have flown the B-52.

6. 65Grad

Yeah, but not as bad as what happened when I was going through C-130 IP upgrade at Little Rock AFB. We went out to the airplane we were scheduled to fly and it only had three engines on it! My instructor said, "well, I guess we'll be doing a lot of three engine work today."

7. msully

msully Founding Member

On the powerball tickets I buy in the bar code it says sully by another ticket

furduknfish, Bengal B and MeauxJeaux like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

irrationality is very common

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

There is no way I could have flown that plane, I would have had an erection the whole time.

KevinWS and LSUTiga like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain