Lafayette plane crash

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Dec 28, 2019.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

It was sloppy of me to make fun of an internet news source on a thread about a deadly plane crash. Post deleted.

mctiger likes this.
  2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

The one I work for does, the company is a poster child of the democratic party.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is a difference. I know the Powerball odds are hugely stacked against me. My only basis for belief is that somebody always wins eventually whether it's $40 million or weeks later for a lot more. My odds are as good as anybody elses.

On the other hand it is a certainty that in the infinite universe there are beings or entities with abilities and an intelligence so vastly greater than ours that we may seem lower than amoeba to them. Some such beings are surely aware of our existence and my for whatever uncomprehensible reason have some interest in us. Do any of them have any care for us as individuals, much as we may care for a pet dog or cat? Very doubtful. If they did why didn't they stop Hitler or Vlad the Impaler? Why do they let people starve? A mere thought could have teleported that plane safely back to the runway.

But they say God works in mysterious ways. Maybe all of it is toward a greater plan to advance the human race toward the point where they would find us worthy of some communication with them.
    We don't have to understand it. Do you tell a pawn why you sacrificed it to save the queen?

gynojunkie likes this.
  5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Since you admit you dont fly, I can relate to what he says, it is very common for pilots to think this.

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Usually, the bigger jet has had much better maintenance, not always, but certainly most of the time. However, the A-10 that had my name and the same crew chief for 10 years, was by far the safest plane I have ever flown. NEVER had 1 issue in the dozens of sorties I flew in it.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would think military planes get the same level of care and maintenance of commercial airliners if not more.

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

My crew chief from the USAFR for 10 years is my friend today. In the airlines it is merely a bid status and what job you do. In 33 years of airline flying I have not met 10 CC that really GAS about their job or the airplane sitting on their gate. The only reason I walked around my A-10 is because the rules said I had to, Tom Hoffman made sure I never had to worry about anything. As for the airline guys, their attitudes come from a bad corporate culture that had existed forever. As airliner mx, some is good, too many are awful.

9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but "irrational" has never been one of them. I think if you polled them, most pilots would agree with me that they would be more comfortable flying the aircraft then they would sitting in the back.:p

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Truly, more prayers sent.