Lafayette plane crash

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

People in social media are morons. I'm sure the ESPN guy meant no disrespect. He had prepared to do whatever his role was in broadcasting the game and then he hears about the tragedy. He would have been remiss by not mentioning it but certainly he had no prepared words to describe it so he winged it.

Pennsylvania, ParadiseiNC and fanatic like this.
  2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Being a pilot and a bit of a pragmatist, I'd be interested in the cause of the accident. Apparently happened shortly after takeoff. NTSB will be investigating, if anyone hears any details I'd be interested in knowing what they find. Still, a sad day for Tiger Nation.:(

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Saw some Lafayette article mentioning fog and a powerline getting clipped dont know if that was a cause or afterfact result.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Induced coma, is what I was told this morning. Would have been better off dying in my opinion.

I have a living will- they better not ever let me live in a state like that.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

As I understand it, the plane developed some type of engine trouble immediately after taking off. The pilot tried to set it down in the Wal Mart parking lot, but probably didn't see the power line in the fog and hit it.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My first thought when I heard the plane went down so soon after takeoff was wrong type of gas. I know that can shut down an airplane engine very quickly. Thoughts?

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Yep, plane hit ground so hard it blew out the post office windows. Quite a few people injured on ground as well, some poss critical. Again, just what I read...

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have never flown in a small plane but things like this happen all too often. Whether it's because the pilots are not all that good or experienced with thousands of hours of flying or whether the planes are not as well maintained as commercial airliners I don't know. I just know that I would be very hesitant about flying in anything smaller than at least a corporate jet.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Way more people die in car wrecks so you may want to park your car, slick.

This plane actually hit a car in the process and car was engulfed with flames, I heard. Imagine driving down the road doing everything right and a dam plane lands on your vehicle. Never know- when your time comes, nothing you can do- go ahead and take that Cessna bro,

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Dying in a plane crash has to be one of the more frightening ways to check out. You know the plane is going down and there is nothing you can do about it. Somebody else is driving and you have a little bit of time to think about it.