Lady Tigers vs West Virginia

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RHans405, Mar 19, 2007.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sinna, Cole and Powell (?) are good athletes and played very well. The Tigers' shots weren't falling so they went to Fowles as often as possible. The game was won because Syl nearly fouled out the front line for Virginia.

2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

It's frustrating to watch a team that has not one player who can consistently knock down the 3. Much like our other basketball team.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

FSU upset Stanford, so LSU at least on paper is favored to win and get to the Elite 8. That would be a real nice accomplishment. Would love to at least play the game that can get us into the final 4 for the 4th straight year.

1 person likes this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree with everything you posted except I think had LSU run some screens they would have shot from much closer range been more open and had a higher shooting percentage. LSU was a much better team but played right into WV's hands by staying outside the 3 point line taking low pwrcentage shots and allowing Fowles to be triple teamed. With the way the D was collapsing on Fowles with multiple players LSU should have been able to shoot many open 10 to 15 foot shots but had a very hard time getting anything open inside the 3 point arc.

5. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I don't know about you guys, but I'm finding it hard to be too terribly excited about this.

Don't get me wrong, I love the team because they're in purple and gold, but I wasn't planning on watching until the Sweet 16 anyways.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if you missed last night's you missed an exciting game. it was pretty awesome.

I would have had a different opinion if we had lost though.

i like the quote how sylvia is the best big man in women's hoops. I told you folks long ago he has an adam's apple.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i can't find anything in your post to disagree with you on.

and it was a great game!!

8. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

has a bit of a shadow on that upper lip in HD, saw it during the Tenn game. dude needs to shave before the game, look good for tv and all. either grow it out or shave it off, no need to be a giant CRYBABY.

[​IMG]

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What in the sports world at this time of the year is overly exciting? The WBB team is the best thing we have going at this time.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's for sure. If not for LSU's women, I'd be watching the NIT.:eek: