Lady Tigers vs West Virginia

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RHans405, Mar 19, 2007.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I wonder why it at least appeared that LSU didn't set a single pick or screen the entire game. Four players standing outside the 3 point line with Fowles triple teamed in the paint and no one setting a pick or screen to get an open shot inside the 3 point line. Had they set some screens to get open shots closer to the basket they would have scored a lot more and it wouldn't have been such a nail biter. The lack of any type of offensive gameplan or adjustments made the game much much closer than it should have been, LSU had way more talent on the floor.

2 people like this.
  2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

Any of y'all going to the games? Of course my family is going to the games since we live here. Fresno has a really nice arena, only a couple years old.

2 people like this.
  3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Florida State and Stanford neck and neck. We play the winner March 24th in Fresno.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I know it's been a problem all year but at least Pokey would make some half time adjustments. I'm not sure Stuckey is capable of that. The announcers were trying to explain how to break WV sagging zone. Stuckey should have listened.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:nope:

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

That was a close one!

2 people like this.
  7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I think the lack of coaching ability had something to do with that. I am sure Stuckey is a dedicated coach, but there is a reason why he is an assistant and has no desire to be a head coach.

8. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I'd love too see Stuckey finally get a shot. Hell, He's been an assistant since Dale Brown

1 person likes this.
  9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Not to be rude or anything but it's Starkey, not Stuckey

3 people like this.
  10. chele

chele Founding Member

They mentioned that during the timeouts Starkey told the players to attack the zone (just like the announcers were saying and just like anyone who's been around basketball at all knows). It looked to me like the players just weren't executing and didn't have intensity.

Starkey's strength is gameplanning. He's mentioned before that he doesn't enjoy recruiting or talking with the media and that's why he doesn't want to be a head coach. The thing they missed last night was Pokey yelling and getting them fired up. If that's not Starkey's nature, one of the assistants needs to step up in that dept.

1 person likes this.