Lack of Talent is a myth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

7-1 is a function of the whole team, though. E’s offense is ranked in the 100s. And sure this is Joe’s first year, but he is not a freshman and I see plenty of other teams starting first year QBs that are lighting up the scoreboard. Maybe my burden of proof is lower, but with the talent we have, there should have at least been significant improvement over the season, and I haven’t seen that. I want a different OC and I think it’s warranted given our lack of offensive success. Maybe E will change my mind in these last two games, but I think I’ve seen enough of him to know that he’s not going to produce a top 25 offense.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    LSUpride123 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think there is just enough uncertainty to make me question if E can do the job or not. He did pretty good as interim. He’s gone through a much tougher schedule than most of the nation with a raw offense and has shown glimpses of a competent passing game.

That doesn’t erase the 100+ offense...

Having a third OC in three years is going to look bad on O if we don’t take the next step with the new OC. That said, I’d think a new OC is stepping into a pretty good situation (except the BS WR coach...).

LSUpride123 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

very reasonable. I support giving E more time, but I think this thought process and request are reasonable.

Brian, tzanghi and LSUpride123 like this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I'm not a fan of E. But its probably in the best interest of the program to give him more time as an offensive coordinator carousel will take its toll on the program and especially recruiting. Coach O has hitched his wagon to Ensminger and it appears to be a package deal.

I'll also admit that our o-line has been extremely underwhelming due to lack of depth, injuries and the costly suspension and there is not a whole lot to work with there. In the system we are trying to run, you need your o-line to be able to get a push and that just hasn't been happening.

But my biggest concern with Ensminger (besides his history of failure as an OC and our poorly ranked offense) has been the lack of growth and development from our offense this year. The eye test screams louder than the rankings in the 100's in my opinion

I mean, our QB hasn't thrown a touchdown pass since September! I'm just sayin...

lsu-i-like, LSUpride123 and el005639 like this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

What are you talking about? This is the internet. You can’t just go around respectfully disagreeing. Mayhem is mandatory.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We are 7-2 in the top 10 with a chance to be 10-2 and be in a major bowl who cares where our offense ranks. Time and good recruiting will solve everything.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agree they are "solid" I like both but neither are breakaway dynamic backs. Hopefully we get Emery and Davis or Cain and Davis next year.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t think Guice AND Fournette would have made a difference given our offensive line and formations.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There were a few plays where a dynamic RB like Guice or Fournette might have had enough power, speed or moves to break a longer gain than either Brossette or CEH were able to.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Whoa Nelly! They would have made a tremendous difference with the exception of Bama. We would have definately beaten Fla and won by 10 to 21 more points against most everyone. This is what you don't see buddy. Those guys took average gains and turned them into TD's.