Lack of Talent is a myth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

we're 9 games in....the not experienced enough is an excuse at this point, it just isn't

2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I may be willing to cut E some more slack if you could point to something on his resume that says, "this guy knows what he's doing. He's done it before."

Go here and tell me what I'm supposed to get excited about. He has not been a full-time OC since 1998. As in, 20 goddamn years ago! And he wasn't even all that good then. Nobody in the Top 50 would hire this man for this role. For any price.

What can E point to as a reason he should be brought back? The overall team record? God, I hope not. The offense sucks.

E makes $800k to run the offense. His counterpart, Aranda, makes $2.5MM. Why is LSU bargain-shopping for the unit that has been holding it back from success for years? Give that squeaky wheel some grease!

Brian, tzanghi, fanatic and 3 others like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It is debatable how much credit E deserves, I think the remaining games might clear that up a bit. Defense is carrying this team, just as has been the case since Saban kick started everything. Orgeron looks a lot like Miles, especially after getting stonewalled a third time versus Saban.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Spot on. His history speaks for itself.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

Agreed. Defense has carried this team for a long time. Our offense has struggled for a long time. But statistically, this is the worst its been a long time. And lets not get too carried away with our offensive numbers in the upcoming games against Arkansas and Rice.

If its smooth in those 2 games and then productive against A&M Id be surprised. It may be a "year away" but that doesn't mean it isn't one of the worst we've seen at LSU in recent memory.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It is

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well if Guice and Clapp had stayed and ingram not fucked up and had Miles' recruiting not fallen off our offense would have been much better. Also you seem to forget the very guy you think is our problem set offensive records as OC while interim OC, check the stats for yourself. What you dont understand about this game is how 1 or 2 players like a Guice, a Fournette or a Clapp can do for you team. You should be glad we are where we are right now and dont tell me you thought we would be in position to be 10-2 this year. Most had us losing 3 to 5 games by now.

Chipeace and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

RBs have been solid. OL is the biggest problem.

9. LSU_4_LIFE

I actually did. I said we could win 9 or 10 games. Go check the prediction thread. But you keep banging on your noisy ass drum.

Besides, wasn’t he using Les Miles scheme and players when he set those in game records against Mizzou? Not sure what that has to do with his 104th ranked offense in 2018 but you’re the one who keeps bringing it up.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    kcal likes this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Why?