Lack of Talent is a myth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You see it Bengal I am afraid our buddy lsu-i-like doesn't. Both Fournette and Guice would not only outrun most but would have broke more tackles. We would be 11-1 for sure this year with either. We get Tyrion Davis and Emery next year we are back to a LF7 and Guice backfield

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yeah, I meant Bama. I do think Brosette is very surgical and effective and CEH is like a raw Guice.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I agree Brosette is very reliable who gets the most out of each snap. I like CEH more he has more upside. Watched a lot of vids of both Davis and Emery they both have that wow factor.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I disagree. We’ve had offensive talent for years and haven’t done shit on offense other than Mettenberger’s two years. It’s just my take, but if you want to get to the playoff, you need a viable offense. And I’m not saying I’m not happy about what we’ve accomplished this year; I’m happy as hell. But I think offense needs to improve significantly to make the playoff.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I like CEH more too. Brosette is serviceable, but CEH fights his ass off for every yard.

6. lsu-i-like

Yeah, unless offense shows out I think we could win out, have other teams lose, and likely still find ourselves out of the top 4 based on subjective “rankings” from the committee.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Significantly is an understatement.

tzanghi likes this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Like the last two years?

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We have always lacked a QB or someone to develop a QB. Just remember it all starts at QB. We have a good one but he has been on our campus for only less than 4 months. This offense and Burrow we will IMHO be much better after having a year working with E. E has been our fulltime OC for 1 year.

10. lsu-i-like

Senior Burrow next year, junior Brennan to follow (unless we get someone better). Improvements on the OL, including depth. Aranda returns. Less early defections to the NFL. Best recruiting class in years, especially on the lines. If E doesn’t figure it out he retires and we get an offensive savant. We comin. Let’s win out and back into the playoff and shock the world first.

TBTrumpet likes this.