Lack of Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tom Callender, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

No opinions?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Scout listed Wright, Leak AND JD Booty as 5 stars. Okay, JD is a solidly average QB with terrific accuracy but he shoulda' at least made your list. :wink:

1 person likes this.
  3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As long as our QB is in the top 4 or 5 of the SEC & top 20 of the country, I'm satisfied. Obviously, I'd prefer them be higher, but a QB of that caliber is plenty capable of leading a successful team.

Correct, but Flynn is older.

Okay... how many scrawny kids can you name that are starting in the NFL? There are several. I don't see how being scrawny has an effect on a QB's ability. Arm strength & height, yes. Do you have an issue with either of these on Lee?

His arm is average, but his injuries have combined to make it look worse this year.

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

CParso - Will Ohio State overload the line & defense the run & short passes when Flynn is in? I mean won't he have to throw it deep just to prove to them he can? If he don't then maybe he can't....Just a thought from a clueless tiger fan..

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You might want to start a thread in the Den on this, but I don't think they will tempt Flynn to throw deep on them because Byrd will burn them quickly.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :crystal: :helmet: Matt Flynn reminds me a lot of Matt Mauck in the sense that he is not flashy but gets the job done. He's a great leader in the huddle and the players are confident that he will get the ball where/who it needs to be and move the team. He inspires confidence and exhibits confidence. Doesn't seem to get rattled. I think he typifies what you need in a "field general" on a football team. Flynn hasn't been perfect, but he's done a great job overall and I'm glad he stuck it out for 5 years and was here to lead the Tigers this season.:geauxtige :champs: :LSU231:

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I think between the injections and the adrenaline, Flynn's going to throw and run like a mad man but will be hurting like a sum beyotch for days after. He's already shown (Arky game) he's a warrior and can play with pain and he didn't wait on the sideline for five years to pass up this opportunity.

Just my gut feeling.

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Matt Flynn reminds me of Jason Bourne :grin:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

that isn't my list, that's rivals rankings of the 03 pro style qbs...just making a point as so many have on here that rankings don't mean a damn thing sometimes and is usually a crapshoot

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Are we calling the BCS Title game: The Flynn Ultimatum?? ....Hopefully, when the game's over, we can call it: The Flynn Supremacy

:D
    :geauxtige :helmet: :crystal: :LSU231: :miles: :champs:

1 person likes this.