Lack of Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tom Callender, Dec 22, 2007.

1. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

Danny wuerffel played on the best florida team....shane matthews and the other guy wasnt throwing to ike hilliard and reidel anthony...the other guys did play on some good teams but not as good as the team wuerffel had...plus spurrier's offense was a new innovation the fun and gun was in full affect.....the wuerffel comparison is not a good one...plus our guys dont have spurrier tailoring and offense for them anyway why are we debating this....hahahahah:thumb:

2. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Well, I haven't seen a reply, gelly. So, perhaps you're not really speaking with your head or with authority, instead just blowing it out your bumpus.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Have to disagree with you on this one gely. It's pretty widely accepted here that Parso is our expert on recruiting and he's very objective with reporting his information. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

not saying parso isnt the recruiting guru in here although i know a thing are 2 myself his info is usually dead on.....but this question is about our QB situation not recruiting doesnt really matter to me cuz i really hope i am wrong about lee but i doubt it and i very seriously doubt that i am wrong...

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What do you doubt about Lee? His arm is average, but plenty strong enough to be a D1 prospect (as evidenced by his multiple scholarship offers). He's not good enough to start right now, but we're not asking him to.

Hatch is a walk-on. I've never heard anyone mention him for the starting position.

I don't know what you expect if two 4 star QBs on the roster as backups doesn't appease you.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Just to show you the significance or lack thereof of the rankings, here is the '03 class of Pro-style QBs:

1. Kyle Wright - Miami (the only 5 star QB, how did that work out?)
    2. Chris Leak - Florida (worked out ok)
    3. Tommy Grady - Oklahoma (never heard of him)
    4. Clayton Richard - Michigan (never heard of him)
    5. Kevin McCabe - Virginia (never heard of him)
    6. JaMarcus Russell - LSU (he turned out alright)
    7. Andre Woodson - Kentucky (now a Pro prospect)
    8. Justin Midgett - Florida (huh?)
    9. Sam Keller - Arizona State (had come success)
    10. Brady Quinn - Notre Dame (very successful)
    11. Blake Mitchell - South Carolina (limited success)
    12. T.C. Ostrander - Stanford (huh?)
    13. Michael Affleck - Arizona State (Ben's brother?)
    14. Drew Tate - Iowa (pretty successful)
    15. Richard Kovalcheck - Arizona (never heard of him)
    16. Matt Flynn - LSU (playing for an NC in 07)

25. Matt Ryan - Boston College (considered a strong Heisman candidate this year)

So, as you can see, with Jefferson slotted at #10, could he be as successful as a Brady Quinn, or be a bust like Tommy Grady?

7. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

good work islstl. For everybody who is freaking out over the rivals rankings of some of our players that list really puts some perspective on it.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :crystal: :helmet: Totally agree!! I read not long ago somewhere (can't remember exactly where) that there are more players in the NFL who were ranked 3 star or below in High School than those that were 4 or 5. Don't know if that is 100% accurate or not, but I know that just because a guy is not a 4 or 5 star recruit doesn't mean he won't be a great college football player. Take Jacob Hester for example. Believe he was a 3 star out of High School. The "guru's" don't know everything.:geauxtige :champs: :LSU231:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hester was a 2 star. Left for dead, really.

10. clair

clair Rockets

I rest my case.

1 person likes this.