Lack of Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tom Callender, Dec 22, 2007.

1. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

After Perrilloux our talent at QB takes a huge plunge..RP is a big time talent and we havent recruited any quarterbacks that i think will be more than game managers Jefferson may turn into something but i dont see overwhelming talent in him...thats why i hoped we mackey had better grades.......lets take a look at our QB situation

Hatch- Get Real

Lee- Maybe and I do mean maybe he may never take a starting snap at LSU unless someone gets hurt

Jefferson- a true freshmen who will is more taleted than hatch and lee the day he steps foot on campus,

We should have poured alot of time in trying to get a talent like pryor whom i doubt if we even bothered to try and recruit..after RP we dont have a cant miss talent at QB not even a "Im pretty sure we will be good" player after RP.

To me hatch is and was a waste of a scholarship

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Hatch is not currently on scholarship, and you have no basis for your judgement of his abilities.

Lee was an 4 star, Elite 11 QB. He's got good pocket awareness & a very fast release. A lot of fans were very excited about him as a recruit. Who knows how well he's developing.

Jordan Jefferson is a 4 star QB with "it", but he's unpolished.

Not every QB recruit is going to be a 5 star. Deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I disagree with all of that. If you have been following recruiting the past few years you would see a completely different story.

Lee was considered to be a great QB coming out of HS and he fits in nicely with Crowton as OC. He is similar to the type of QBs Crowton had success with throughout his coaching career.

It was also pretty well known by everyone that we would only try for 1 or maybe 2 QBs this class because of the talent at QB in next year's recruiting class.

4. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

parso i understand what you are saying no ones opinion is the best yours are mine..most people in here talk about LSU with there heart not there head...i looked at lee dont think he can play at this level sure he was an elite quarterback out of high school that doesnt mean anything he has a quick release i dont think he has a strong arm its average at best....he doesnt have to be a 5 star quarterback i dont care if we dont recruit a 5 star but u gotta recruit the best none the less....hatch shouldnt even be in this discussion hes probably just there trying to be a coach which i woulod bet my shoes thats what he is doing...

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Danny Wuerffel didn't have a the strongest arm either. In fact, his arm strength was probably the worst I've ever seen...not to mention his horrible throwing mechanics. But the guy was one of the best college QB's in his days at Florida. And the Gators won a national championship with him.

You don't HAVE to possess JaMarcus-like arm strength or Vince Young-like legs to be successful.

6. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

dude danny weurffel oh my GOD he played on arguably the best team in SEC history they could have have used wally gator at quarterback we had all world recievers and a great tailback...and a system that was tailored for him he didnt have to throw a pass over 15 yards...cuz the WR's would do the rest....u gotta have a better argument than that:rofl:

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

All those FL teams under Spurrier were loaded with talent. Using your argument, Jesse Palmer or Shane Matthews should have led their team to the same heights Wuerffel achieved since Danny had no talent.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You are saying we can not base our arguments on HS but you are doing the same. However, I am basing my opinion about Lee from student assistants and players who are with the team on a daily basis along with his HS career. Lee and Flynn's are comparable on arm strength and that does not really mean anything.

On the Hatch thing, you do not have to bet because that has been reported ever since the day he transferred here.

9. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

You seem to speak with a great deal of knowledge. How many games did you see Lee play? If not any, how many practice sessions did you observe his play?

10. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

I don't know where you get the idea that Jarret Lee is anything at all like Danny Wuerffull. Jarret Lee was highly recruited out of high school and I havn't heard anywhere that he has a weak arm. There has been nothing coming out saying he is not working out well as potientially the future starting QB at LSU after RP leaves. Is there anything being said on the radio or from somewhere that he is not looking very good. This is the first I've heard anyone mention something like that.