Lack of Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tom Callender, Dec 22, 2007.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :crystal: :helmet: My bad. I forgot about DC going back to Rutgers. Sorry 'bout that.:LSU231:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

1 QB this year is fine.

Next year we will take another QB, maybe 2.

3. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

only way we take another, is if EJ Manuel ops out of FSU and wants to come to LSU. And If I were him, I would be looking for a second option right about now...for the simple fact, that He will most likely see a lot of reps as a Freshman, But it'll be more like lil Claussen's at ND, a lot of running from defenders.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

With Jimbo just signing a contract effectively making him the HC at Florida St within the next couple of years, I don't see EJ going anywhere.

5. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

With the cheating scandal affecting current players for this years bowl game. Many of the players who won't be going to Nashville could also be ruled ineligible for some games next season for their connection to a cheating scandal. It really doesn't matter who the coach is, Bobby Bowden, or Jimbo. They will struggle even more than this year.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

[. Jordan Jefferson is better, IMO.[/quote]

He is currently also rated higher after his 4 star upgrade. I think he is a better fit for Crowton's offense. I believe he is more mobile and would be more of a running threat. He also seems comfortable buying time and rolling out to throw. I don't think he is as good a runner as Perriloux or Flynn, but he is better than D.C. He also played on a championship team at the highest level and his deep threat receiver is coming with him to LSU. Add to the list of intangibles the fact that he is from LA. A Quarterback has to wait his turn to start and be patient. One with roots here is less likely to get homesick or bolt LSU to start at another school. That is why my hat goes off to Flynn, who is from Texas. He waited behind Russell and finally got his chance. It also gives us goodwill at Destrehan high for future recruits.

7. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

EJ Manuel could open his recruiting back up. I don't think it would be due to the cheating scandal though. I think it has a lot more to do with the rumors that Jimbo Fisher could be WVU's next head coach. If that were to happen, I think Manuel would no longer consider FSU. We were the clear #2 in his recruiting search originally, but I think he would also open up WVU.

8. oracle2380

oracle2380 Founding Member

It's been a while since I posted, so excuse the rustiness s'il vous plait. From time to time when I read Sports Illustrated I'll check out the players they have listed in their "Faces in the Crowd" section. A couple of weeks ago they highlighted a kid from Kentucky, Corey Robinson, who set a new national high school passing TD record (91), the second highest completion percent (73.7%) and the second most passing yards (5,872). What's odd is that on rivals he is listed as a 2 star with no DIV IA scholarships, and on scouts he is listed as a class of 2009 grad. After watching his highlight films on rivals, he looked like he was pretty lights out as far as accuracy and strength. I'd say if nobody else wants him, get him to walk-on.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Star ratings have not come out yet for 09 prospects. If he's a 2 star right now, that means he's expected to be a high 4/5 star prospect.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

His name has not popped up on any of the 2009 prospect lists yet.