Krispy Kreme Reopens

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, May 26, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I used to like Tony's but they went out of business

watson1880 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wait until it settles down. You can get a Popeye's chicken sandwich while you wait.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

do these other places, meeches or mary lee or anyplace else have a basic glazed that is comparable to the KK basic? i mean that thing is FUCKING DELICIOUS. its almost unbelievable to me how good it is.

there is a place on essen that is run by a cambodian lady that i read abuot in the paper. i like cambodian people i should go there and see if the lady will be my friend.

i read that the KK donuts you can purchse in grocery stores are a totally different recipe. this seems true to me as those are just ok whereas, as i mentioned before, the fresh ones are unbelievable

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The ones in the grocery stores aren't near as good. On the Run stores would get fresh ones delivered every morning but they got bought out by Circle K who has their own crappy donuts.

I go to a Mary Lee once in a while because it's close. They have glazed but only so so.
    All the MLs are run by Koreans.

KK also is the only one I've seen that has chocolate glazed. Others have chocolate but no glaze.

APPTiger likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

koreans eh? maybe mary is really named lee eun-min

6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I hope you all are getting the real thing. I spent a few years living in Winston-Salem, home of KK. They have a store here in Floriduh and I was driving by one day with the wife. The light was on so I whipped in there. My wife said it was the best doughnut she ever had.I threw mine away. I could tell it was microwaved. Hot and fresh my ass. If your store looks similar to the picture below (conveyor system), your probably getting the real thing. If not, you're getting one of those supermarket deals heated up.
    [​IMG]

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'll agree on the drive thru KK's. Don't hit it often, but when I do, it's 2 dozen minimum. Not that I would eat them all, but that I would feel guilty braggin on a KK and having none to share. Last time thru it was 6 dozen, and that's enough to get first sniff on what perfume all the womens is spritzing that day. Hoe's love them some KK and got no shame about it. Fish in a barrel actually.

GiantDuckFan, kcal and APPTiger like this.
  8. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Choc glaze, creme filled used to be my favorite. Of course when the glazed are fresh out of the oil........melt in your mouth.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

our is absolutely the real thing, its not new its refurbished and re-opening. it has the proper viewable factory and everything. its amazing.

APPTiger likes this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Meeche's in new iberia has in my opinion the best glazed donut I ever ate.