Kobe calling it quits

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 1, 2015.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

One of the best ever is hanging it up after this season.

I used to hate Kobe, but LeBron James has made me respect, maybe even like, the Black Mamba.

Kobe, imo, is the closest thing to MJ we might ever see. He had the will to win and killer instinct similar to MJ and so unlike LeBron.

I know he's just a shell of himself now, but it's cool he gets a farewell tour like Jeter did.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

In much the same way as Jeter, it's a fairly dismal ending to his career. And I'm not just talking about his talent level, but the fact that this Laker team has been arguably the worst team in the NBA the past 3 seasons.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

respect his play but not one of my favorites...always seemed to be way too selfish and more concerned about his standing on the team rather than his teams standing

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

He always struck me as the most arrogant asshole I've ever seen in sports, I won't be sad to see him go....

KyleK likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I love him and his personality is definitely not mine, but always loved his drive and ability. he was the best.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Definitely a killer, or at least he used to be. Too bad he couldn't bottle up a little of that ego because he and Shaq could have put together a really epic run, especially with Phil driving the car. Almost makes me hate him for what he cost the basketball viewing world but I can't.

tirk likes this.
  7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I live in L.A. and just can't believe how many excuses are made for this guy. Kobe's reward for his heroics are the millions of dollars in salary and endorsements he ALREADY GOT. In a salary cap sport, to pay a guy this much for past accomplishments is beyond stupid. This entire Laker season has become about Kobe shooting airballs, the team losing by 30 and the star player getting a neat parting gift from the teams he visits. The Laker season should be about the young players getting better and learning to play without the black hole who'll be gone soon.

I thought we had all learned our lesson when the Yankees trotted out a everyday SS who sucks - because he used to be really good! - and barely missed out on the playoffs.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jeter was not what he once was but his skills hadn't eroded nearly as much as Kobe's. At least the Yankees were a respectable team by any standards other than the standards of the Yankees. The Lakers are a dumpster fire.