Knowing how much you guys love Danny Kannell, I didn't want you to miss this.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I doubt if Skip was a voter back then. I think he was still an assistant coach.

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I would prefer seeing him get French kissed by a frying pan.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I stand corrected BB, he was an assistant at USCe at that time. good catch. But, l can always declare "senior moment."

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Ryan is fantastic at ESPN Radio. He sent Danny Kanell to BR with raves about how amazing the experience there is and Danny admitted he wanted to dislike it when he visited but couldn't and he loved it. Ryan said he's a gruff somewhat standoffish guy from the northwest and when he visited and had people be generous and friendly to him he suspected it was due to them either wanting something or knowing who he was/where he worked. Until he realized that wasn't it at all. He said people are so hospitable and good in every respect and it's uncommon in his travels. He raved about the guys at Walk Ons, etc.. he and SVP love LSU.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There were three coaches who voted against the set procedures at the time. Finding out who it was isn't something easily done IF you're looking for a semi-credible source (IE: a major sports site.) If you count Wiki, or BR, then you've got a "major."

As I recall, Bellotti was one of the guys that joined Holtz. He was at Oregon at the time, wasn't he? @GiantDuckFan
    The other was the Illinois coach and I can't think of what his name is off the top of my head. I know he's coaching one of the Florida schools now. I also remember he'd spent a lot of time in the PAC before getting his head coaching gig--USC being one, Arizona or Arizona State comes to mind as well as Stanford.

(This is going to drive me nuts but I refuse to look it up.)

Oh hell, it was the same coach when LSU played the Illini in the Sugar ... the year fRan ran. Geez. [​IMG]

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The only time I can think of where he gets on my nerves is when the subject turns to the NBA (largely due to my dislike of the league in general.) I've understood his role has been reduced at ESPN. I'm assuming they aren't bringing him in studio any longer. I wouldn't know--change channels almost every time I hear of something related to the NBA.

(I did get a good laugh out of the Lonzo Ball release of his $200 plus flip-flops...so I guess that's related to the NBA: a little.)

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He's actually doing more studio time and that was just a rumor. His contract runs thru next year so he's good for now. They did run off the only white christian conservative in kannell which was kinda odd.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2003-nightmare-of-split-national-championship

.....Despite a mandate to vote for the BCS title game-winner No. 1 in the final poll, three coaches (Oregon's Mike Bellotti, Illinois' Ron Turner and South Carolina's Lou Holtz) broke the contractual agreement and cast their No. 1 ballots for USC.

Go PAC,... wooo

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Zook?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was going to say Mike White but the duckman posted it was Ron Turner