Knowing how much you guys love Danny Kannell, I didn't want you to miss this.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Apr 26, 2017.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Whole bunch more coming. Ed Werder is out too supposed to be some more big names on the list. I wonder if SVP made the cut

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He wasn't on the list i just looked at. Some big names on the "reduced capacity" list also. Karl Ravich was one.

4. shane0911

I saw the story on MSN and it didn't list the names, only had the mention of Werder and said other big names. Can you post it?

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Brian likes this.
  7. shane0911

Meh, nothing ground shaking there. Dilfer? Guess no more dimes huh.

Figure they would have some to spread around now that the blowhard isn't there anymore. Greedy bastids

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard a few minutes of the time slot Russilo and Kannell had up until yesterday and RR wasn't on either.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Ryen's position has been "reduced" by ESPN. I'm actually a little shocked he wasn't let go after reading some comments he made concerning their programming the other day. I missed it originally but @TUSKtimes linked it over on RTB.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-ruining-programs-left-wing-anti-trump-rants/

Co-host of ESPN’s “Russillo and Kanell Show,” Ryen Russillo admits that since politics became so pervasive in sports talk, he no longer knows what his job is anymore. He came to his current profession because he loves to talk about sports, but that appears to be an outdated business model.

“Now I feel like if I’m not doing a social awareness show three out of five days a week, I feel like I’m doing it wrong,” Russillo lamented during his show. “I can’t possibly think that’s the play, long-term, for what I’m supposed to do as a sports talk show host for the next 10 years.”

The 41-year-old from Laramie Wyoming, who has co-hosted the show since 2009, added, “I don’t know what it is. If I were doing the anti-Trump show three days a week, would I have 90% support from co-workers? Because that’s what it feels like right now.”

Russillo found it funny that another ESPN host Dan Le Batard criticized an ESPN memo instructing hosts not to talk about Trump’s current immigration ban. Russillo said, “Like, I think the majority of everybody I work with does all the time… I saw a show the other day tease that one of the hosts was upset about the travel ban. That was the tease for a show. Can you imagine if I teased this show and said, ‘Coming up, why all of you are wrong about Trump, and why he’s awesome.’”

Russillo knows all too well that ESPN and other sports networks wouldn’t be keen on that idea, saying, “It’s really weird that the job now feels like you have to have a take, and it better be along the lines of so many other people in the media or you’re just gonna be uncool, you’re gonna be ostracized.”

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good thing there is no statue of him to tear down

kcal and TerryP like this.