Kindle E-books?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 30, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

which one? did you throw your other one away?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wi-Fi-Ink-Display-Screensavers/dp/B0051QVESA/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317747496&sr=8-1]Kindle e-Reader with Wi-Fi, 6" Display[/ame]

i got the ad supported one for 79. it is smaller and i love it. i sold my old one for 70 to my local used electronics store. so my net was a 9 dollar loss to exchange my old one for a new one.

3. tirk

whats the difference in the 109 one.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

the cheaper one shows ads for cereal instead of photos of mark twain as a screensaver when it is off.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

What kind of cereal?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i made that up, the ads are for various things, the ad on mine right now is for at&t. earlier there was an ad for amazon visa card or someting. they are not obtrusive at all and they never show while you are4 reading.

i am drunk right now it is awesome.

7. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

Besides, who sits around and watches the screen on their kindle when they aren't using it for reading??? .... Well I *do* look at it sometimes before I turn it on, because some of the artwork is pretty (even in grayscale) and interesting.

8. tirk

i got a used kindle 2. i use it way more than my ipad since its no longer jailbroken and now rendered unfun. (it was jb for a week then i was forced to update it due to some issue). was awesome til then.

so i put this duokan chinese operating system which is open source on my k2. doesnt overwrite kindle firmware so its dual boot.

can view pdf, txt and epub and the fonts are clearer. does a lot of other stuff thats fun to mess around with to customize it.

only problem w/ k2 is its only 3gb and no memory slot.

also you can borrow books from amazon with prime which i have. but only 1 per month.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know what jailbreaking is, but what are most common things you do with a jailbroken phone or Ipad that you couldn't do before? Also, since the patch fixed the jailbreak, can't you 're-jailbreak' it?

Thanks for the info.

10. tirk

lots of free apps and drag and drop files.

now its just an expensive reader mostly since i use my laptop mostly.

yeah if you saved shsh files you can downgrade to earlier firmware in some instances. the ipad 2 is a lot harder to exploit and now with ios5 apple is locking the hardware so jb wont even matter. its almost time for a droid.