Kiffin out at Alabama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 2, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Booger eater takes over.

Saban canned his ass before the title game. I assume.

GregLSU and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Keep up the hard work.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Damn, I spelled booger wrong. :(

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yawn..

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Hardly matters to Alabama... they win because of defense not because of Kiffin.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The media, particularly the talking heads on ESPN are second guessing the shit out of this. They obviously don't understand that Nick knows what he's doing.

furduknfish and Brian like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I imagine as long as Sarkesian stays sober he's better then Kiffin. And Saban was probably annoyed at Bamas offensive performance, which was bad.

Bama is far from perfect, we can still overtake them if Eaux makes the right moves.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

"We made the decision because it was in the best interest of our players, our program and for Lane for him to assume his duties at Florida Atlantic," Alabama coach Nick Saban told ESPN on Monday. "We mutually agreed that this was best for both programs."

[​IMG]
    Has Lane Kiffin grown up?
    Lane Kiffin's FAU head coaching tenure begins a week earlier than expected after Nick Saban announced his controversial offensive coordinator would not coach in the title game.

Kiffin had been late to several events in the past week leading up to the Peach Bowl -- including meetings and media day -- leading some Alabama staff members to say they "were done with him," sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

On Thursday, Kiffin appeared 15 minutes late to the team's Peach Bowl media day and was the last Alabama coach to leave the event. By the time he got out of the Georgia Dome locker room to where the buses were supposed to be, they were already headed back to the team hotel in downtown Atlanta.

Kiffin said he expects an easy transition for Sarkisian, noting how Sarkisian's personality should mesh better with Saban's than his did.

"I'm not saying it's bad with him at all," Kiffin said. "I would say Sark manages people better than I do."

"This wasn't an easy decision and we appreciate the way Lane handled this in terms of doing what is best for our team," Saban said in a statement. "At the end of the day, both of us wanted to put our players in the best position to be successful. Obviously, we are in a unique situation here where we have our next offensive coordinator already on staff. We have full confidence that Sark will step in right away and make this a smooth transition."

Washington in which quarterback Jalen Hurts passed for a season-low 57 yards.

Saban could be seen on the sideline yelling at Kiffin during the first quarter after a three-and-out on the opening series, the latest incident in what sometimes was a contentious relationship between the coaches.

Kiffin, who credits Saban for showing him how to handle an entire program as a head coach, joked last week that he couldn't recall any fond memories at Alabama, only the so-called "ass-chewings" Saban gave him from time to time.

Several Alabama staff members were also "dumbfounded" about those Kiffin comments, sources told McMurphy, and also Kiffin's comments that "fun is not a word we use around here."

In past weeks, Alabama sources told ESPN that Kiffin would not have been allowed to return after this season. However, Kiffin said at his FAU introductory press conference and at the Peach Bowl events that those reports were not true.

"I don't know where that came from: that the Kiffin-Saban marriage had run its course," Kiffin said last week.

ESPN's Alex Scarborough

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We can expect Sark's offense to run more picks

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

So things aren't rainbows and unicorn milk gumpville. Go figure I guess the douche king got tired of the upstart douche.

Winston1 likes this.