Keys to Victory - Alabama week!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Oct 31, 2017.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

As a fan base, this is one of those games that we wait 365 days for - Bama week!

We're a 21 point underdog for a reason, multiple reasons. Bama is rolling and once again, we're a one-dimensional team and the defensive stats suggest we are average on that side of the ball.

I'll be going to the game so I'll have my lucky shirt on and I'll be hoping for some serious Tiger mojo.

Here are my keys to victory:

#1 Turnovers and points off turnovers. We must get 3 turn overs (or more) in this game and turn them into points. Last year, we forced 2 turnovers and turned them in to 0 points. We haven't forced a lot of turnovers this year, or last. This is the game we'll need them in.

#2 Momentum and big plays. We're going to need 3, 4 or 5 25-yard or better plays. In most of the games during our current losing streak to them, their D has been able to totally shut us down. We must have some big, momentum plays Saturday night.

#3 Bama mistakes. Let's be honest. Bama is always focused and they usually play a really good game against us. We will need some uncharacteristic mistakes by them.

#4 Creativity, or.... the kitchen sink! We're going to need something from our offense that we haven't seen much of this season - tempo, an intermediate passing game, slants, misdirection, backs out of the backfield, AND hit a deep ball or 3. We cannot come out of the huddle and them know what play we're running, like the previous years.

#5 Some luck. As bad as I hate to say this, they look a lot better than us this year. We're going to need the old - "pass deflection turned into interception", or the bad snap by the deep snapper, or an accidental touching by Bama during a punt, and a replay or 3 go in our favor.

Good luck to our Tigers on Saturday. I hope they punch Bama in the mouth and hit them with some razzle dazzle and a couple "Sack-fumbles baby"!

Enjoy the game and GEAUX TIGERS!

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Very nice assessment. I agree with most of what you wrote. I can't see us beating Bama at their place. If you're a betting person, I do think we cover the spread.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

how do we stop the the run? If we can slow it down we will be in the game

six pack dan and TheRealist like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#6, Saban and both starting lines get uncontrollable diarrhea for entire game.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2 keys to victory.

Contain Jalen Hurts. Playing man to man is going to open up the opportunity for Hurts to run. He must be contained.

LSU must be able to give Danny a smidge of time. If he is running for his life LSU is fucked.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2 questions

1. Has saban ever lost as a 20+ point favorite?

2. Has LSU ever been a 21 pt dog? That is pretty embarrassing

six pack dan and COTiger like this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Two good questions. Strictly a hunch on my part but I would guess the answer to both questions is yes.

TheRealist likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I really don't know. The UAB game? Didn't he lose one at gump u to some similar team? Sure he has lost but can't be many as a heavy fave.

As for LSU it would have to be in the dark days right? Certainly not in the last 15 years

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

UAB and ULM probably. ULM was 07 his first year in Alabama. I can't remember the last time LSU was this big a dog. 2000 Tennessee maybe?

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

[​IMG] LSU is a big dog...for the first time in a long time