Key and Guice

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Oct 17, 2017.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

We're half way through the season and neither of these two have come close to having the same impact they had last year. Yes, I know both of them are coming off injuries/surgery and now appear that they are starting to play like we expected them too. My question is, do they have enough time to get their draft status high enough to warrant entering the draft this year, or would either one or both be better served by coming back for their senior year?

Brian likes this.
  2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

There is still time IMO

3. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Agreed, they still have time but the clock is ticking fast. I would think that they would need to come up big in the Bama game with everyone watching.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’d be surprised if either returned. Think they have time to turn it on; if they don’t it would probably benefit them to return. Could get lost in the shuffle like so many of our early enrollees. Always the risk of injury though, and gotta think this guys are maximizing their potential in their own minds. They’ll be the exception.

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Unless they are projected in the first round they should stay.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Guice has played much better than Key so far this year. Scouts can see him giving his all and making plays despite his injury. I don't think he will drop a lot. Key, on the other hand, has been a slow fat tub of goo. If he can't get into full football shape soon and channel his inner Godzilla he needs to come back. But we all know that neither of them are coming back.

Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Guice is about to get turnt up!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Guice looks like an average back and key looks like he should only be in on the occasional passing down.

But luckily for both all that matters is the combine and both will be ready for that and kill it.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Guice, regardless of reason, is not playing up to the NFL level this year. I hope he will stay another year, but feel sure he will not. Those guys can get insurance policies that cover them pretty good if they are injured, but they dont' help the family, posse, or peeps to the extent that signing bonus and game check do. And that is where a lot of the pressure comes from.

10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Key has played himself out of the first overall spot in the draft.

Guice is gone. He should go in the first if he displays a good bit of what we saw last year when he's healthier.

Key on his talent alone is a first rounder, but where at this point? He could slip to the bottom of the first and that's a lot of money differential. If you are the first pick you'll likely get a 20 million dollar signing bonus and a deal for 30 million. So 20 in your pocket and the chance to bank 30. If you're the 25th pick? You'll get roughly a 5 million dollar bonus in your pocket with the chance to earn 10 million.

That's a huge difference in money. Key is killing himself financially right now.

LSU_4_LIFE, didit and lsu-i-like like this.