Keeping Bama out of the playoffs: a definitive guide

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2019.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Oh and don’t call a QB sneak with a bad ankle, see Kansas City. Just pointing out that when you’re not 100%, the likelihood of another injury very well could be a lot higher. Also, there is the old saying are you hurt or are injured. Tua was still injured gimping around on an ankle 20 days removed from surgery.

el005639 likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

tua will not be taken in the top half of the first round. From a #1 pick overall to that is gonna be costly. I just hope he can recover fully and have a great pro career but Im not sure this didnt end it before it actually began. what a sad last image for that kid. I do blame saban, I would have sat him this week and next.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I agree. Should have let his ankle heal fully. If his ankle is healed, maybe he runs away from the those defenders faster, or maybe he plants differently as he is getting rid of the ball. I think the current injury predisposed to the more severe one - it commonly does, but hindsight is 20/20. Still, there is a significant chance that a major hip injury derails his career fully, beyond just dropping in the draft. Other humans may limp permanently after an injury like this. He is a high level athlete w/top notch health care, so he may recover fully, but he may not despite all of those factors. That is a real possibility.

GiantDuckFan and gynojunkie like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cincinnati better not take burrow. hometown boy and all that.

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

A team may take him round 3. I cant see a team waisting a 1 or 2 round pick on a project. It would have to be the perfect scenario, i.e already set with an aging qb and no needs at other high skill positions. There are not many teams like that.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like Kevin Durant in the finals. He came back before he was fully healed and blew out his Achilles which was unrelated to his previous injury.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

On the Saints forum I frequent someone stated that even if they knew that he couldn't play until 2022 that we should still draft him in the first round.

Tua looks like Matt Leinhart to me and will be a bust. Even without consideration of injury.

furduknfish and el005639 like this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's happening, unfortunately.
    I won't be happy.

Saints need to trade Alvin Kamara to them along with 2 first round picks and move up in the draft and get him.

That's how sure I am that under Payton we would have a more athletic Drew Brees.

shane0911 and el005639 like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Patriots

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Yep