Kayak redfishin'!!

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Fishhead, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Man, the water was slicker than owl shiit in that picture. I have alot of friends who go yak fishin. I've been yak fishin....but cognac fishin....never kayak fishin....mainly b/c I ain't got a kayak............yet.

That's awesome, fishhead. Thanks for the post and the pics. You have inspired me. I got some honey holes that I've been spotting in Bayou LaCroix near my fish camp that I've been wanting to get to early in the am and catch some reds.

Thanks again for the pics, bruh!:thumb:

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

With the time you've spent in Dallas and OK, I'm sure you can relate. This post made me wish someone hadn't stolen my canoe a few years back. I never really thought of kayak or canoe fishing for reds. Looked like a blast. I can think of a bunch of places I'd like to try it. Gotta get there soon!

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

sweet trip!
    i just wish we could get one friggin day without rain!

it's been a couple months since I've been able to launch my boat.dam I need to get out on the water again.

on purpose?

4. KyleK

Send it here. Just watering my yard is about $100/month!

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You don't have to water it ya know.

6. KyleK

You are right. No law says I have to. However, it would be the only yard in the neighborhood that was a dust bowl. I water mine less than most.

Now, back on subject, damn that looked like a lot of fun Fishhead!

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

On the Outdoors page in the sports section of today's Baton Rouge Advocate there is a story about a kayak redfish tournament out of Bridge Side Marina in Grand Isle in Caminada Pass in a week or two. It looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I would love to try it but I don't have a kayak. I have caught tons of redfish either in regular boats or off th bank but I can imaging the challebge of landing a bull red from a kayak the the fish would give you a hell of a ride on.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Fishhead calls that a cajun sleigh ride.:wave:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Going again Thursday...taking the canoe instead of the kayak...and my brother's coming along this time. Going to the same place to see if they remember me. Actually, I have a trolling motor for the canoe, and plan on covering more water. Also, plan on being able to stand and sightfish. (Yes, I can stand and fish in my canoe...it's got a pretty wide bottom)
    -
    I plan on throwing some spinnerbaits this time after the sun comes up. I could have caught more the other day with one...because there was a lot of grass in there. Couldn't keep the grass off the spoon every time...but I can burn a spinner above the grass.
    -
    Oh, and just to make it that much better...I'm taking the fly rod as well.:hihi: With my brother on board to help, there WILL be video in that trip's thread!:shock:
    -
    Stay tuned...:popcorn:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sunday,a couple weeks ago, got up at 3:00 am and was fishing by 7. Quit fishing at 4:30 and after filleting reds and drinking beer got home at midnight.

Tuesday did it again but stayed at a camp until Thursday. Limit (s :hihi:) every day.

I would go there only for the redfishing. No other reason.