Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

She has also claimed that gynecological problems are caused by having sex in their dreams with demons and witches. She has also claimed that scientist are cooking up a vaccine that would prevent people from becoming religious. She has also claimed that the US government is not run by humans, but by "reptillians" and other aliens. Now she claims that she has a cure for coronavirus and that we don't actually need to wear masks and you guys act like she is the second coming, while ignoring the gross propensity of experts who say the opposite. You guys are funny....did you even watch the video? At the end of her speech you can see the other "doctors" trying to get her away from the microphone. This entire press conference was sponsored by a right wing group with no medical affiliation whatsoever.
    So, again....you guys are taking your medical advice from politicians over that of doctors. And your boy just couldn't help himself yesterday at his press conference. He had to bring it up because he thought it made him right. I laughed my ass off when reporters told him that this same "doctor" had espoused such crazy ideas and he just abruptly ended the press conference. What a tool...

3. Tiger in NC

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I want to comment on this study as well, because this is yet ANOTHER misleading study.

1) this study did not have the statistical power to assess its effect. It’s noted that in this non hospitalized group, there was actually a 60% decrease in Covid related hospitalization. A higher N (more people in the study) would have likely resulted in a significant decrease in hospitalizations which would actually be consistent with the claim surrounding HCQ. The study also reported a decrease in symptoms at day 14, though while not as robust, is in line with the trend that HCQ alone is helpful.

2) dovetail on what McTiger says, HCQ is claimed to be effective in combination trx. The HCQ has its role, the zinc has its role, and the Azithromycin has its role. It’s called a drug cocktail folks, and not a single detracting study has evaluated it.

The Henry Ford Study has already been discussed.

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Bull shit!

I’m taking my medical advice from the STUDIES ... and more specifically the DATA of the studies because scientist and doctors and even study designs are known to be influenced by politics.

But it’s no matter NC. We have $3600/day Remdesivir for people like you. I just hope they stick you with the bill, as opposed to leveling off cost by spreading it into everyone else’s insurance premium.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So your medical doctor whom you trust first said don't wear mask then wear mask then caught not wearing his mask is so serious he is doing fashion spreads and making money from his own baseball cardsand was so smart didnt know till now 4 months into this that we now all need goggles? That doctor?

Here soy boy
    joustingg.jpg

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Do you realize she was just one of the "doctors" saying their cocktail worked in early stages?

What politician are you talking about?

8. Tiger in NC

You are cherry picking your own information to achieve the result that you desire. You are denying studies by the New England Journal of Medicine, the most prestigious medical Journal in the country, in favor of pseudo-science provided by marginal characters. So stating that you are being scientific about this is just a lie.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...roxychloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2012410
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/16...laws-adds-to-case-against-hydroxychloroquine/
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/08...uses-attention-and-the-fda-may-pay-the-price/

Remdisvir isn't a cure either so I don't know why you are going there other than to change the subject. Remdisvir was found to have some positive effects but by no means is it considered a cure.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The media has set up a straw-man. Not one doctor is claiming HCQ "alone" works. No one is even saying it works at "any" stage. Again, the doctors that said HCQ has worked in conjunction with two other drugs in early stages.

Further, you talk about science, what scientific teams are working at Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter to determine validity of doctors experiences?

Results
    Of 1446 consecutive patients, 70 patients were intubated, died, or discharged within 24 hours after presentation and were excluded from the analysis. Of the remaining 1376 patients, during a median follow-up of 22.5 days, 811 (58.9%) received hydroxychloroquine (600 mg twice on day 1, then 400 mg daily for a median of 5 days); 45.8% of the patients were treated within 24 hours after presentation to the emergency department, and 85.9% within 48 hours. Hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive hydroxychloroquine (median ratio of partial pressure of arterial oxygen to the fraction of inspired oxygen, 223 vs. 360). Overall, 346 patients (25.1%) had a primary end-point event (180 patients were intubated, of whom 66 subsequently died, and 166 died without intubation). In the main analysis, there was no significant association between hydroxychloroquine use and intubation or death (hazard ratio, 1.04, 95% confidence interval, 0.82 to 1.32). Results were similar in multiple sensitivity analyses.

10. Tiger in NC

I don't expect you to understand any of this but you just described how science and the scientific method work. You act on the best information you have at the moment and are willing to admit when you are wrong and change course. I wish you could say the same for your boy Trump but he just keeps beating his head against the same walls, expecting a different outcome.

He is popular. People trust him. People like him. His approval numbers are through the roof because people know he is telling the truth. If Trump told the truth maybe he could get his own fashion spread too....

LOL...you mean throwing out that first pitch? Trump was butt hurt that they didn't ask him. In fact, he lied and said that he was going to throw out the first pitch for the Yankees on August 15th and the Yankees said that he was lying and had never been asked to do so. His own aids were shocked when he made the claim. Further, did you see the fit he pitched because Fauci's approval ratings were higher than his? Did you see him say "People just don't like me..." like a whiny little bitch? I did.

Did you hear that Herman Cain just died from Covid-19? Remember when he went to the Tulsa rally and didn't wear a mask? You guys just keep doing whatever you want and not paying attention to real doctors and you can be 9-9-9 like Herman.