Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This is an ignorant statement. Stating that black people cannot think for themselves, or that they do not recognize who is fighting for them and who isn't, or implying that they are so stupid that they can be hoodwinked by a slimy politician is just plain foolish, my friend. They are human beings, not sub-humans who are so ignorant they cannot think for themselves. Until the Republican party sees this they will continue to lose the black communities vote by astounding margins.

2. Tiger in NC

Everyone who isn't wealthy has had their economic woes worsen over the past 40 years. 40 years ago is about the time our industries began their exodus. Pretending that the black community cannot see who is fighting for them and who isn't is awfully presumptuous on your part. This implication is simply ignorant and suggests that the black community is just too plain stupid to see what ails them. That's just patently false and there is no other way to address it.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats false. I live with and know many more blacks than you. I am 100% certain of this.

Blacks were mostly born into a welfare state. Growing up in that, their view is different.

Maybe @Jmg can back me up here. People in mainland China have a different cultural experience than those who grew up in HK.

Its not necessarily being "stupid" as you put it. Its that they were born into the welfare state provided by the government.

Another example is like being born in a Muslim country. You grow up thinking and living those things....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    shane0911 likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/01/27/the-forgotten-failures-of-the-great-society/
    this is the largest contributor to the downfall of the 2 parent african american household....by far

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Tiger in NC

I am 100% certain that 92% of blacks voted for Clinton last time. Are you saying that your friends are part of the 8% or are they part of a silent black majority who tell people like you that they are voting for Trump but go into the booth and pull the lever for the Democrats? Which is it? And what exactly are you 100% sure about?

Why do you think that black people are born into poverty? What should they be doing differently to pull themselves up by the boot straps?

So you are saying that the government has made them unable to decide who to vote for on their own? When you say that they cannot decide for themselves, you are saying that they lack the intelligence to do so. Try that one out on your wealth of black friends and see how that plays out. Just tell them that they shouldn't bother voting because they can't make good decisions on their own.

Or growing up in the South and believing that black people can't decipher their preferences for voting because of.....well....uh....the government.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This is a racist statement. At no point did I say black people cannot think for themselves. What I did say is that black people are hearing differing messages from people who have assumed positions of leadership among their segment of society. I think black people must look to their own communities and fix them themselves, and I also believe they are fully capable of doing it. You believe they should continue to follow the path of the political party that gave them mass black incarceration, the slaughter of millions of black babies through abortion, welfare slums, Jim Crow laws before that, the KKK before that, and the Confederacy that enslaved them in America to begin with.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Huh? Your post I replied to had nothing to do with 92% of blacks voting for Clinton. Try again.

Welfare keeps them in poverty. They are penalized to have an actually family. Meaning, the "moms" actually lose welfare $$ when in a combined household.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/thomas-sowell-on-the-legacy-of-slavery-vs-the-legacy-of-liberalism/

Nearly a hundred years of the supposed “legacy of slavery” found most black children [78%] being raised in two-parent families in 1960. But thirty years after the liberal welfare state found the great majority of black children being raised by a single parent [66%]. Public housing projects in the first half of the 20th century were clean, safe places, where people slept outside on hot summer nights, when they were too poor to afford air conditioning. That was before admissions standards for public housing projects were lowered or abandoned, in the euphoria of liberal non-judgmental notions. And it was before the toxic message of victimhood was spread by liberals. We all know what hell holes public housing has become in our times. The same toxic message produced similar social results among lower-income people in England, despite an absence of a “legacy of slavery” there.

The bold part is interesting dont you think?

If we are to go by evidence of social retrogression, liberals have wreaked more havoc on blacks than the supposed “legacy of slavery” they talk about.

Sometimes I wonder if you are mentally defunct. The ONLY person talking about "intelligence" is YOU.... I am not sure why you are reverting to this strawman when I have presented "reasons" as to why there are issues.....

Yes. It is hard to vote away your welfare money when that is all you have known.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He always does this. Doesnt have a case so reverts to these sort of attacks.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

Nope.

Didn't have to, you implied that they are easily duped into voting one way or another, which is to say that they aren't smart enough to think on their own.

And you think they aren't smart enough to disagree with those people? You act as if they are just masses drawn to the slaughter, blindly doing whatever they are told.

I agree with most of this statement. Taking responsibility for one's self is the first step toward a better future for anyone. Granting them the tools to do that is another thing. You seem like a thoughtful guy so let me ask you a serious question.. What do we do with a kid who is born into poverty with parents who are on drugs and don't give a damn about their education, much less their health care. How do we support that kid so he or she has a fighting chance to escape their circumstance without selling drugs or winning a scholarship for sports or academics? Because that kid doesn't have the same opportunities as my kids or yours and if we don't figure out a way to support them we are severely lowering the chances that they will escape the poverty pipeline and exponentially making the problem worse.

I don't believe in any of this and you are just being silly to imply otherwise. I want those kids that i discussed above to get a hand up, a ladder out of that situation because the more we can get out of that situation the fewer we have on the welfare roles. Don't you?

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Nothing ui said was about Trump...he must be in your head