Kapernick named person of year by GQ

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 13, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I support everyone’s right to protest, even if I don’t agree with them. Freedom of speech must exist for all or eventually it won’t exist for anyone.

mctiger, LSUpride123 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

On this we agree, but I don't considered kneeling or sitting during the anthem free speech. He would be entirely ok if he went on every talk show and had diarrhea of the mouth.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Fortunately or unfortunately acts like kneeling are considered speech. Right or not and intended or not the players’ kneeling delivered the wrong message to the fans. We are it as disrespect for the flag and all it stands for.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As much as I hate to disagree with you on that, disrespecting the symbol of what made this country great and the fighting men who kept it great by leaving their blood on venues from the sands of Iwo Jima to the beaches of Normandy to the bottom of the Pacific to the skys of Europe and Japan is considered to be freedom of expression which is an extension of the concept of free speech. It's not even against the law to burn the flag but if you burn one and it catches a building on fire in the process it is. They should make it a law that if a person's protest incites a riot and people are injured and property damaged the protesters be held criminally liable.

mctiger likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It's simply up to us to not support the NFL anymore, only way to fight back. I will not watch, I will not buy NFL products nor will I buy advertizers products. They have right to kneel during the anthem as much as I dislike it. I have the right to hit them in the pocket book.
    Kapernick is a piece of excrement

CalcoTiger likes this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

sitting on a bus and refusing to move because the laws dictate you sit somewhere is else is speech. Sitting your ass down during the anthem, to draw attention to yourself is not even in the same vein.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

He did it to show his support for racial inequality. But then the pig socks thing kinda just undercut his point. Either way, good for him. He became relevant again.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I hope you kneel while you protest.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Kneeling against the flag, is a protest against what the flag stands for. That would be the Country.

If he wants to protest against the police, then get a sandwich board or a sign, and head down to the local precinct and march and scream his ass off.

If you don’t buy that, ask yourself what results he has achieved. Does anyone think, for a nano second, his ill conceived protest has resulted in a net gain in people questioning police or their tactics? Don’t think so.

KyleK and Winston1 like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hope the MF spends all his money and has to get a job washing the police cars at some precinct.

HalloweenRun and el005639 like this.