Justin Vincent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Oct 31, 2004.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Therefore 3rd in the depth chart on a good day, and maybe a good thing for him BE left. No excuses for JA and AB just execution and getting the job done. It's not just the line, the same line that AB and JA run behind, JV has his part to play or maybe the awards he got LAST YEAR should go to the O line.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

If you're implying that Vincent came into the season with a swollen head and nothing to prove and therefor he's playing below his abilities, I totally disagree. It's not always just about the back. If the O-line isn't opening holes, it doesn't matter how good the back is. Time and time again, JV get's stuffed at the line with absolutely no holes to run through. I don't think it's a matter of JV "not having anything to prove", but a matter of our O-line not playing to the level of last season's line.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Are you saying Vincent needs a bigger hole to run though than Broussard and Addai?

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Saban starts the season using JV as our #1 back. JV struggles so now we use JA and AB and they are running well but no extremely well. JV just doesn't get the touches that JA and AB get so of course he isn't gonna have the numbers they have. It could have easily been the other way around. If we started the season with either JA or AB as our #1 back, they could have had the early season struggle that JV had and be on the bench because of it. If we would have stuck with JV for all of our game up until now, I believe his yardage would be close to or equal to JA or AB. Some of you tend to watch the game on the surface rather than looking at the root of each play.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I'll mention this again.....

If the o-line is not a problem, then why is it that there has been only one 100 yard rushing performance all year long?

(aside from the obvious signs of o-line problems such as the quarterbacks constantly being under serious pressure)

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

THANK YOU!

Some of these posters seem to totally ignore the importance of a good O-line for a successful running game. They tend to put it all on the RB. If we aren't gaining good yardage on the ground, then it must be our RB, if we are running well then all the credit goes to the RB. People, there is such a thing as an O-line. Not to mention, the O-line isn't giving our QB time to throw the ball no matter who is at the helm. Plain and simple, our O-line isn't what it was last year.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've yet to see a real good argument from you. Look at the average yardage per carry if thats what you want to know. Addai's is around 9 yards, Broussard around 8 - and Vincent around 4. The offensive line is only a part of the problem. We've all heard of the "sophmore jinx", it's hard for young guys to get all that attention and be able to come out and do it again the next year. It's a mental thing and something I completely expect to be worked out by next year.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Actually Addai is averaging 7 per carry, Broussard 5 per carry, and Vincent 4 per carry. Addai needs a hell of a lot more touches......

Agreed! We have not heard the last from JV.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Back in the spring, there was a post on some of the message boards, alluding to Saban having to council JV. It was because he was mentioning to Coach Saban that he "had to top 2003 in '04" or something to that effect. His problems are probably stemming from that sort of mental block he's put up. It could be taking away his focus--because the OL (though seriously lacking) isn't fumbling the ball for him.