Justin Vincent is our Third String RB now...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Oct 14, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no one minds reading something negative about an LSU player as long as its valid. making bogus assumptions about someone wearing the p&g can be left for the barners. to do it on zero facts makes it a lie. Why not make the same assumption on Nate Livings? He's been getting his ass handed to him weekly but guess what? he scored highest on the physical test in the spring and worked his ass off more than anyone as he came in in top shape.

so let's say it went to his head and he was worried about his pancakes over the good of the team and that's why he's too slow blocking the outside linebackers. Too worried about his personal stats?

has about as much validity.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I don't have the numbers but everbody involved with the reporting of LSU stuff says that AB is the faster than JV. Also if you watch the films JV turns and looks backwards. Don't get me wrong Last year JV was the man for the job. This year he isn't. But like someoe said in earlier threads, if it takes a whole the size of the state of Louisiana for JV to run thru I'll stick with Addai and Broussard. Like Saban says whoever gives the team the best chance to be sucessful.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Saban brought up the story on Vincent not as a knock on Vincent's attitude or selfishness or not having the teams goals ahead of his. It was simply to say that he needs to focus on working hard and the results will come. You took that way out of context TE. Saban did not mention anything about him not wanting to help the team.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If JV were our ONLY quality running back, then I'd be upset about him being 3rd string. But we've got plenty. And it's not like he's never been 3rd string before. He could pop back into the mix anytime... Broussard and Addai seem to be the two work-horses right now.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Last season we had better blocking and JV was able to get through the holes and show both his moves and speed. This season the blocking hasn't been as good and both Broussard and Addai are better equipped to break tackles at the line of scrimmage. JV is just a sophomore and like you say we are loaded at RB. There will be many more shots for JV to strut his stuff especially if the play of the OL continues to improve.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Im of the opinion that you should just think about who the starters were at the beginning of last season.. Addai and Carey.. and why they were taken out of the line-up.. injuries.. its not suprising that they have fought their way back to the top.. and Broussard was the man before Vincent was... remember the South Carolina game? And Broussard is in much better shape this year.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i guess that's as basic as one can try to explain it.

kills all the drama though.

wouldnt you prefer to post something that screams 'look at me' over logic?

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes but thats the best I could come up with on a short night sleep.:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: P.S. LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

9. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Honestly, I am not really worried about JV. I think he is a victim of circumstance. IT is only midseason, so there is still a lot of FB left to be played. There is no doubt in my mind that last year was not a fluke, he will be back sooner than later. I do want to point out that pretty much the whole year we have not been able to attack the edges as well as last year because of our Oline and b/c the threat of Skyler has been nullified thus far. The dump pass to JA to win the game has been one of very few successful edge plays that Randall or Russell has been able to execute. That really made JV shine, and until now, the QB play has helped reduce JV's effectiveness.
    At the end of the day, I really don't care who starts at RB and backs up. The killer part is we have a legit stable of RB's, and they were able to keep us fresh the entire game against UF, and that is why we will win out(plus improved Oline). I am with Saban, I rather have many talented, fresh backs than 1 dominant RB. I say be relieved that AB, SC and JA are so good and we will be awesome at RB for at least 2 years. It is really awesome to see all the RB's just tear up UF in their own aggressive style.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Here I go making friends and influencing people again. From the viewpoint of a rival. Last year, JV did not INSTILL fear in their hearts. I think he gained like 1001 yards? How many came in the seccg and the nc game? I bet 300 or more. He was respected but not held in awe. Addai and Ally are running behind the SAME line as JV. I don't think he has fallen off that much. A & A have "kicked it up a notch." THERE ARE WORSE PROBLEMS.........