Just want to welcome back Teneessee and their fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Davey to Reed were a scary combo. Hopefully we'll see that kind of offensive chemistry again this year. We've definitely got the players for it.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I dont think that this visit will be like that one. Back then, LSU fans stormed the field b/c beating good teams wasnt the norm. Now, they are so used to it, that you wont see to much field storming anymore. They are better than that.:geauxtige

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Thank you,

[​IMG]

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

****, if we have HALF the success we had then, we'll be un-frickin'-stoppable! I cant wait for Sept 7th... Jesus! I've NEVER anticipated a season like I have this one.... UGHHHHHH Come ON!!!!!!!!

5. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

I remember watching that game on TV, I didn't sleep that night. It was great. Another great game from that season was the Mississippi St game. I'll never forget being at that one because it was the first time I made it to the field of Tiger Stadium, and I met my wife the same night!

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is a link to a site documenting Jr. and Lulu's world travels:

http://home.att.net/~luluandjunior/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Here's another "priceless" pic

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: Just want to welcome back Tennessee and their fans

Ah, yes....that was the last game I made before moving up to Boston (I've gone back and made at least one per year since I've been in Boston, but I left the weekend after that game). Sat in the East Upper, towards the north end zone side.

8. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

Jr. and Lulu appeared earlier in the '01 SECCG whooping it up

I just happened to have watched a tape of that game last night and noticed for the first time (I was at the game in Atlanta) that the "famous" shot was not the first time the cameras turned on the happy couple in that game.

They are shown in a cutaway much earlier in the contest in which Ma has not yet put her Tennessee jacket on over her white shirt and Jr. lets fly with a spirited exclamation and fist thrust.

I was fortunate to get enough tickets to that SECCG to take my Mom as well as my Wife and Kids. It was Mom's first football game. The "famous" shot was shown on tv about the time in the game when my Mother noticed the orange clad horde across the field dragtailing out in droves and exclaimed in all her innocence "Well, where are they all going?" Loved it.

9. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

That is truly awesome. Hope this years' game has a similar result. A friend who had moved here (atlanta) from BR said his wife was actually at that game with her girlfriend (she hadn't made the move with the kids yet) and said it was like the UF game a few years before--she'd never seen Tiger Stadium so stoked.

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Whats up with the guy in the lower right of the pic in the aTm shirt?