Just spoke to a Crustacean on the cellie...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Dec 20, 2004.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

IF he is staying, perhaps all this hold out stuff, coupled with the alledged Dooley phone calls, etc. are a big ploy to sabatage the offer by the Dolphins so that he doesn't have to be the bad guy for telling them "no thanks."

If it's understood that outside sources intervered with the hiring, and/or mettled too much, and that indirectly cost Saban the position, he can't get any bad pub from NFL guys (ala John Madden who idiotically stated during last nights game that of course it's every head coaches dream to coach in the NFL), so they wouldn't say, "Man! I think Saban is off his rocker! Turning down 'X' amount of dollars!" ...nor does he have to hear the pro-college guys syaing, "Man! I think Saban is off his rocker! He had everything there! Very few coaches ever have that much stability in their job! WHy'd he leave??!!?"

...actually, I don't really think that it's a ploy...I'm just trying to relieve some of the pain in my sinuses that have been lingering around for the last week.....

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

sure, maybe people other than saban know his decision . still doesnt mean any of the rumors here mean anything to us. even the correct rumor is here, the signal/noise ratio is so high it is impossible for us to figure out, so why bother?

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

This makes more sense than any post I've read. Saban is most likely the only one that knows for sure at this time. The contract details are being worked out. If he doesn't like what he gets then he stays. I wouldn't even say his manager knows for certain.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You don't think Sexton knows? or his family? or some of his assistants that he would possibiliy take with him? It is certainly possible that even Saban doesn't know what he'll do yet, but all those people I mentioned would probably know that he is undecided as well.

It's hard for people (even those in his inner circle) to keep a secret, although I am truly skeptical of those who post such information on the internet.

Anyway, we will all find out when he decides to tell us...

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

My fig trees are blooming. Whatcha reckon that means ? :grin:

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Can't you "fig"ure that out ?

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Your biological clock is ticking?

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Red, I heard the same thing....

9. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

It was even mentioned on the B'ham local radio that the Saban to Miami thing is not a done deal yet. It was being said that Saban wanted total control (Coach and GM) but Miami wasn't willing to let him do both. The only thing that might make Saban leave LSU is the fact that Miami is trying to lure one of the New England Patriots higher ups to become GM. That would be another Belichick guy that Saban could probably work with. Saban is still at LSU until he calls a press conference announcing his departure.

LSUDAN

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is the most substantiated news yet. It's coming from a Birmingham local radio station....come on people....when's the last time news out of B'ham was wrong? Think about it.