Just spoke to a Crustacean on the cellie...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Dec 20, 2004.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

Damn, just when I thought we had a shot at Del Rio, some positive Saban news is reinforced. To me, I am not pulling one way or another now. If we keep him, great news...if we lose him, we could possibly get Jack Del Rio (surely to god the LSU powers are strongly considering this guy). All I want is for it to be over by Wed.

2. This is far fetched but the man does have a masters in sports psychology. Is it that he has/had genuine interest in the fins and that he is holding his tongue about his answer to be politically correct? In other words is he riding out the process to get the interviews with other candidates over so that he can turn down the official offer? I know I have heard this theory before but what I'm getting at is.... (dont shoot) is he also using this time away for leverage on the fan base due to the lack of support for the team after failing to meet the super high expectations this year? He did seem quite bothered about the booing and vocal displays of disappointment. The obvious downside to playing something like that is the people you let down in the process, TAF, boosters, fans etc. I have no idea what the motive is but if he indeed stays, it would of have to have been good for him to stunt the recruiting process like this. Two other things of note. I listened to his press conference tonight from today and crawfish was correct about his family member having problems, it's Terri's dad. Also, if the players are as focused on the bowl as he says they are, that could be a good sign.

3. Ew

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

"Far fetched"??????? No offense but that theory makes the wizard of OZ sound like a true story.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. It sounds weird I'll admit but I have heard many on air personalities saying the coaches and agents use this NFL stuff for leverage and/or job security. I think i'm getting delirious on this roller coaster :eek:

6. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

please dont question rumors. if somebody said it, it is true, and they dont just want attention.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I have a highly placed source and I was reluctant to call him but I finally did and here's the scoop: Only Saban knows.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have examined the entrails of chickens to determine God's will and I know the outcome. Unfortunately the voices tell me not to share to with you.

But my beagle believes that LSU will change its logo after the 2004 season . . . no wait, it's the 2005 season . . . no wait . . .

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

SabanFan,
    You scoffing at the idea that someone other than Saban actually knows his ultimate decision is just as absurd as you assuming that Saban himself is the only person that knows what he is gonna do. He may have already made up his mind and told many people in his inner circle. You are just as much on the outside looking in as the rest of us, so don't pretend like you know that Saban is the only one that knows his decision.