Just Saw Bohemian Rhapsody With The Wife

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 17, 2018.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Saw the movie last night with my wife. It is a good movie I recommend seeing it. BTW...There were a couple of scenes where he swap spit with another dude but I guess you can't have a movie about Freddie Mercury without that.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

We l lived for three years about 3 miles from Wembley Arena. And . . . we left London about a month before the Live Aid concert. Was planning on going until our PCS date could not be slipped any further.

I don't see how anyone cannot like or at least acknowledge, the Beatles. I probably like the Stones the least of the mega groups, but even they are great. And the Who, Pete Townsend winding up on that guitar.......Of the 80's guys, I really like Dire Straits best. Though Queen's Live Aid performance is often mentioned as the best of all time, I would put Dire Straits above them.

Having said that, of all the crooners I like Neil Young the best. Not so much for his politics but his lyrics and songs.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The drill team Spring Show finales are their big high kick routines with jump splits. Traditionally, they also wear some variation of their fringe uniforms and shake it to Donna Summer.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can dig a little KC and the Sunshine band, a little, but it probably ends there. Won't find it on my playlist.

5. shane0911

I used to not like much of the stones but now I do. Out of those 3 they are definitely on top. I like The Who even less than I like the Beatles and that isn't very much.

kcal likes this.
  6. StaceyO

I have to agree with Shane about The Beatles. While I certainly appreciate the icons they were, I am not a huge fan. I feel the same way about the Rolling Stones.

My older daughter and I have often discussed how her generation simply has no iconic music stars. They have no Elvis, no Beatles, no Michael Jackson or Madonna.

7. shane0911

Because they 1. Have no frame of reference 2. They lack talent

Bengal B likes this.
  8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I challenge anyone to play Saturday Night Fever and not do the John Travolta walk. It grabs your soul and you feel yourself becoming moved by the enrgy and attitude.

That's what music does for me. Brings you to a time and place and music can lift your spirits it can keep you company and it can inspire you.

Like New York New York or Boston More Than A Feeling Like Last Dance, Or Doobie Brothers Bridge Over Troubled Waters and I hate to say but yes Sweet Home Alabama.

Whatever music you like has to bring about a feeling that lifts you up.

The Beatles does it for some. Barry Manilow for others. Neal Diamond.

That's the great thing about it. I love all kinds of music.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. StaceyO

I blame it on reality tv and social media. Anyone can be famous for anything.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sadly, the best song you mentioned was Sweet Home Alabama. The Doobie Brothers have songs way better than BOTW.

And if you actually like Barry Manilow I'm revoking your man card.